I-140 & 3 Year Degree

tiptop123, don't worry you might be one of the lucky ones. I too have a BS Comp. Sc ( 3yrs), 1 yr PGDCA, 2 years professional training. My ETA had provision of accepting BS with professional training but still my I-140 (CSC EB3) was rejected.

If possible you could talk to your company and get a new Labor started.

If your LC states BS with 2 or more yrs experience/training then you might be qualified for EB3 skilled category

(I heard this from some attorney, not sure if this works)

"if they can't approve the petition in one of the categories within a preference classification, but can in another, they are supposed to do that automatically. At a minimum, they should have approved you as an "other worker" - which has a wide open quota right now. "

all the best!!

Thank you very much for the positive reply.

Yes, my position has also asked for 3 years of job related experience in adition to the bachelors degree. I have more than 6 years left out of my 9 years 7 months experience to satisfy the job related work experience requirement. (3 years of experience was used for the educational evaluation though my labor did not have any provision for it).

My lawyer has also attached a covering letter requesting INS to approve my case atleast in skilled worker category based on my expereience if not eligible for professional category.

My I140 ND is 30-JUL-03
service Centrer is Nabraska.

I can get the result any time this month but hoping for the good one (I have to be lucky).

I will let you know guys once I know the results.

Thanks again.

lcauser,

Just to clarify some thing with respect to your suggestion about skilled worker.

My LC did not have any provision for equivalency with combination of education or education+experience. But it had bachelors plus 3 years of job related experience as the requirement for the position. (also Oracle certified DBA as special requirement).

I had more than 9 years of IT experience before joining the employer.

Do you still think that I will be qualified to be considered for the skilled worker category as you had mentioned in your previous posting?

I am also sorry about your I 140 denial and what is your plan of action now? You will be alright if you have more than 365 days left for another labor as you will be able to extend the H1.

In my case, I dont have enough time for another labor. My H1b expires in June-2004. (7 more months).

Good luck to you.

Thanks,