I-134 Question on Item# 7, where one is asked to list different property details

abibala

Does anyone know what each differnt following line in item#7 mean?

1) " SAVINGS ACCOUNT BALANCE " -- > Straight forward. Thats understood.

2 ) " I HAVE OTHER PROPERTY, THE REASONABLE VALUE OF WHICH IS "
                ---> Mention value of car, jewelary . Anything else.

3) " I HAVE STOCKS & BONDS WITH THE FOLLOWING MARKET VALUE"
                --> Straight forward.. One should mention the total value of one\'s
                       stocks and bonds in ones portfolio.

4) " WITH A CASH SURRENDER VALUE OF " ?
     Are they asking about the hard cash one has ? ( Meaning, just mention amount in
     checking account or something? )

I\'m I interpreting all the above line correctly? Pls add/suggest to my interprations of this item#7 on I-134 .

I\'m about to get my I-134 Notarized today...So any rapid sugguestion/advices are very welcome.

Thanks for ur time guys...

From www.imminfo.com about I-134:

Topic: Bank Letter (2 of 2), Read 123 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Monday, August 20, 2001 07:57 AM

b I very strongly recommend using a copy of the principal applicant\'s job offer letter and nothing else in support of an I-134.

Ron Gotcher
Gotcher, Richmond & Associates, LLP
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Tel: 818-990-4922
Fax: 818-990-4964
e-mail: JRG@Gotcher-Richmond.com

Notwithstanding any express or implied comments in the body of this message, nothing herein should be construed as legal advice, solicitation of legal services, or the creation of an attorney-client relationship. If you have a complex problem, you should seek individual legal representation from a competent immigration lawyer.

Topic: I-134 Question - Shall we show 401K (3 of 4), Read 73 times
Conf: Consular Immigrant Visa Issues
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2001 05:34 PM

b I very strongly recommend to my clients that they put NOTHING on the I-134 except salary. Salary is always sufficient to get you above the poverty limit and that\'s all that\'s needed. Why invite questions about documents that are irrelevant?

Ron Gotcher
Gotcher, Richmond & Associates, LLP
Attorneys at Law
15300 Ventura Boulevard., Suite 507
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

Yo are right on all 4 points

I had successful CP at New Delhi last month. They did not take 134 from me and told me thay actully do not need 134 because my wife was accompning me to US.

Thanks Marta & Ash_mat for your feedbacks!

Are there any sucessful CPers from Chennai who can add some comments on I-134 pls, since the procedures change from Consulate to consulate.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I-134 - questoin

In I-134 item - 7, which says deposit in savings bank in USA- what it should be?

Should it be
checking a/c balance + saving a/c balance + money market a/c balance + CD\'s

Any help appreciated..

Re: I-134 question.... gcneeded

I had put : saving a/c balance + money market a/c balance + CD\'s

My interview was in Dec2001 @ Mumbai... They didn\'t verify/ask for proof of any details in the I-134...

Good Luck...