• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134 doubt?

asgruber09

Registered Users (C)
Having read the I-134 instructions and form , wonder if a work permit holder already in USA is entitle to sign an Affidavit of Support (option e-‘lawfully admitted non-immigrant, give form I-94’).

Can anybody clarify?

Thanks

Having read the I-134 instructions and form , wonder if a work permit holder already in USA is entitle to sign an Affidavit of Support (option e-‘lawfully admitted non-immigrant, give form I-94’).

Can anybody clarify?

Thanks

If the person doesn't hold green card, permanent resident or citizenship, then he can't sign the form. A work permit holder with limited leave to remain cannot sign the affidavit of support.

hello everyone,
I would like to know what the i-534 is and if it is mandatory to take it to the interview. What I understood is that the i-534 is a proof someone in the us will hire you, I´m I right? I didn´t know you needed to have a job before getting to the us, can someone explain me a bit about this
thank you very much
2010SA00000xxx

hello everyone,
I would like to know what the i-534 is and if it is mandatory to take it to the interview. What I understood is that the i-534 is a proof someone in the us will hire you, I´m I right? I didn´t know you needed to have a job before getting to the us, can someone explain me a bit about this
thank you very much
2010SA00000xxx

IF you have a job in the US before you come, you would need to get the employer to write on the company letterhead that you have the job, the salary for it and the duties in it. You don't need to fill out any forms from the USCIS for that.

The form I-134 is for Affidavit of Support. It means that someone who is a green card holder or US Citizen is taking responsibility that in the event you cannot find a job after coming to US, they will take care of your expenses like food, etc. This person should have income over the poverty guidelines as mentioned in I-864P form. This is the way the US govt. makes sure that you do not become a burden on the US economy.

If in your interview letter you are not asked to bring an I-134 you might not need it, but if you can prepare for it just in case, it will be better. The IO has the authority to ask for it if he/she wants to.