• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134 Can't Arrive On Time!!! Urgent*****

no doubts abt dat Pratik. Just recieved the necessaries now and will post them first thing in d e moro. All the best and don't pannick

Hi Pratik, i don't understand why the consular officer insisted on I-864 while mine said i cshould send one of the above i.e I-864 or 1-134. I have the 1-134 AOS. I think u shd call them again.

Prakit need your help !!!

I called EMBASSY today. I was disappointed that the Consular didn't accept I-134 form.
They still need I-864 form.

How should I do now ? My sponsor refused to file I-864 form for me.
Should I submit I-134 form to Consular and tell them that I can find only affidavit of support I-134 ? Am I rejected a visa if I do so ?
or Wait to find other sponsors to complete I-864 ?

I am very hopeless now.
Please give me more and more advices.
Prakit need your help.

easy man

hey don`t panic...just compile all your documnets,never know they may not even ask for the i-134 forms.
and if it`s possible tell your sponsor to send them as attachments on your e-mail....it`s the fastest way to have a copy as you wait for the hard copies.
hey good luck

I feel confusing now.
Which exactly does the consular require about Affidavit of Support for DV?
I-134 form or I-864 form ?

I found that winners from some specific countries who received Notification Letter need to complete I-864 not the I-134 form. KCC included special instruction in the NL.(Special Instruction for ....Winners letter)

Maybe it's true that I-864 is exactly the form that consular require.

Hi all,

I think the final answer should be I-134.

I was checking the DV2010 instruction and FAQ #32 states:

IF I AM SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING A VISA THROUGH THE DV PROGRAM, WILL THE U.S. GOVERNMENT ASSIST WITH MY AIRFARE TO THE U.S., PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO LOCATE HOUSING AND EMPLOYMENT, PROVIDE HEALTHCARE, OR PROVIDE ANY SUBSIDIES UNTIL I AM FULLY SETTLED?

No, applicants who obtain a DV visa are not provided any type of assistance such as airfare, housing assistance, or subsidies. If you are selected to apply for a DV visa, you will be required, before you are issued a visa, to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) from a relative or friend residing in the United States, and/or an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.

My asnwer also Form I-134

Hi Prakit,
My advise is, send a email to Embassy and inform that according to "INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2009 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2009)" for Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 is needed from a relative or friend residing in the U.S. And also insert the link http://travel.state.gov/pdf/2009DVInstructions.pdf

And it is also stated in DV 2010 instructions.
Thanks