• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

I-134 and Police records

victorb

Registered Users (C)
Hey

I have a question about the I-134, the affidavit of support. My dad won it, and him, my mom, and my brother will get the GC. My question is, does the sponsor in the US has to file one I-134 for each one of them or can he just file one I-134 for my dad, and then put my mom and my brother at number 3, where they ask for spouse and children to accompany the actual winner of the DV, which is my dad. Also does the sponsor has to show tax transcripts, or letters from work confirming his income? or they won't really care at the interview?? Thanks guys.
Oh and one more quick question on the side. For the police records, does my dad has to get the police record that shows no records of any felonies or does it require anything more special from the Police. The country is Romania, in case it matters.

Thank you.

I cant tell you for sure if you need i-134 or i-864 so I wont say anything about it =) But I think your dad need to fill out an i-864 for your family... I dunno
But for i-134 , the answers to your questions are here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf
Btw all those questions have been answered in Thread very recent.... so if you look a little bit you'll find
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?316233-Affidavit-of-Support
The supporting documents must be used "as appropriate". You need at least one. (letter for employer, bank statement, etc....)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he needs I-134, that's the form for DV, my question was if the sponsor needs to fill one for each one of them, or just for my dad. Because on the form I-134 at number 3, there is a place where you put the principal immigrant's name, which is my dad, and then the accompanying members, which would be my mom and my brother. So the form would be for all three of them. I just want to make sure if one is enough, or if the sponsor still needs to fill one out for each. And also if the supporting documents are really necessary or not. Also if he would call the embassy do you think they would be able to tell him?

I can't give a definitive answer, but I can tell you what I have done.
I have read in forums that you do need an I-134 for each person, and I would expect that the supporting documentation is important. You dont need everything on the list, the instructions say the sponsor should provide something to prove they meet the minimum income requirement.

So, my sponsor has filled out a form for each of my family, I think it doesnt make any difference if I only need 1, but at least I will have all of the copies if I do need them. My sponsor has also given a copy of an income tax return. So, by doing this I am confident I wont have any issues on interview day.

Good luck

I can't give a definitive answer, but I can tell you what I have done.
I have read in forums that you do need an I-134 for each person, and I would expect that the supporting documentation is important. You dont need everything on the list, the instructions say the sponsor should provide something to prove they meet the minimum income requirement.

So, my sponsor has filled out a form for each of my family, I think it doesnt make any difference if I only need 1, but at least I will have all of the copies if I do need them. My sponsor has also given a copy of an income tax return. So, by doing this I am confident I wont have any issues on interview day.

Good luck

Thank you, I will make sure he has the appropriate docs. But what about the police records?? Nobody knows if its just a regular police record that shows of course no felonies or anything illegal or is it a more complex one if there is one, at the police station they just told him a regular police record is what they can give him. Just want to make sure he gets the right thing.
Appreciate it.

Thank you, I will make sure he has the appropriate docs. But what about the police records?? Nobody knows if its just a regular police record that shows of course no felonies or anything illegal or is it a more complex one if there is one, at the police station they just told him a regular police record is what they can give him. Just want to make sure he gets the right thing.
Appreciate it.

You need to check the information here
http :// travel. state. gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html
On this page choose the country that you need a police certificate from, any country you haved lived in for more than a year, scroll down the page and you should find details of all the document you need from that country, and how to get them. You can also usually find relevent information on the web site for the relevent US Embassy.

I answered all your questions but one (if all your familly needs the form).
IF you cant read the instructions provided with form i-134(I gave you the link) OR read whats in the link to the forum I posted OR read the answer that I gave you ("The supporting documents must be used "as appropriate". You need at least one. (letter for employer, bank statement, etc....) ") then we cant do much for you.... You just want us to repeat what has already been told.
FOr Romania here are the instructions for the Police record.... If you had looked for it a little bit (maybe 3min, you would have found them). EVERYTHING IS IN THE WEBSITE PROVIDED ON THE 2NL SENT BY KCC.....

Police Record
Police certificates are issued by the local police authorities.

Individuals residing in Romania may apply for a police certificate in person in Bucharest at the Inspectoratul General, or at their local police station. Local police stations only issue police certificates for individuals born or residing in their jurisdiction. The processing time for an application is approximately 10 days.

Romanian citizens residing abroad and aliens who lived in Romania for more than a year may apply for a police certificate in one of two ways. They may apply at the Romanian Embassy in the country of their residence by filling out an application form, submitting a copy of the applicant's passport, and paying a 30 USD consular fee. The processing time for this is 30 days. Alternatively, they may sign a power of attorney at the Romanian Embassy for a relative to apply in person on their behalf at the Inspectoratul General al Politiei in Bucharest. If notarized by a notary public in a member country of the Hague Convention on Legalization of Foreign Public Documents, the power of attorney must bear the Hague Convention Apostille.

The Inspectoratul General al Politiei also offers an express service for obtaining police certificates. For a nominal fee (5 Lei and the purchase of a fiscal stamp) an applicant in Bucharest can receive the police certificate in three to five working days.For detailed information regarding the application and required documents, please visit the Police web site at: http://www.politiaromana.ro/acte_necesare.htm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffy14, first off thanks for all your answers, I appreciate it, and sorry if you think I made you repeat yourself I understood what you said, just wanted to make sure I have everything correct, and about the 2NL it hasn't come yet so I don't know what information it will give me on it.
But anyway, all answers appreciated.