I-131 what to do?

masha430

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I am going to apply for I - 131. I live in Florida and i got my asylum as a resident of Florida, but right now i am in Maryland for 3 month. What address should i write? which is in florida? but i dont want to fly to florida just for 3 hours for fingerprints. Is there any way i can do fingerprints in Maryland?

Yes! you can appear for fingerprinting in any office as long as you have fingerprint appointment letter. Simply setup mail transfer (Address change service) through USPS while you are out of state, finger print letter will automatically get re-routed to your temporary address, once you have it... go to any USCIS fingerprint center and they will take 'em for you. You can even get them done earlier than scheduled.

so it doesnt matter if in fingerprint notification there is an address like Tampa, Fl. and i can do it in any office not only in Tampa. right?

Correct! You can explain to the fingerprint office you visit that you are travelling and you can not go back just because of ....

I have appeared for fingerprinting in several different offices (NOT the the appointment ones) on several non-scheduled dates at several non-scheduled times and I never had any issues.

Good Luck.

hi,
I believe u'd change first ur adress on the USCIS website(change of address) to MD then fill out an application I-131 for travel dcmts at the nw address;
that the best and fastest way to proceed.

Last edited by a moderator: