I-131 speed up

muslikcat

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have applied for I131(i am a gc holder) on Jan 3 2007. I really need to travel outside US on March 12 2007. I just went to the Nebraska center page and it says that they are processing i131 applications from September 2006 currently. :(
Is there anyway to ask uscis to process my I131 somehow faster? Please, help. Thanks.

muslikcat said:
Hi,
I have applied for I131(i am a gc holder) on Jan 3 2007. I really need to travel outside US on March 12 2007. I just went to the Nebraska center page and it says that they are processing i131 applications from September 2006 currently. :(
Is there anyway to ask uscis to process my I131 somehow faster? Please, help. Thanks.

Send an expedite request with evidence along with a copy of your receipt to the place where you sent your I-131...usually they respond in 3 weeks..

wantmygcnow said:
Send an expedite request with evidence along with a copy of your receipt to the place where you sent your I-131...usually they respond in 3 weeks..
I have submitted my application online. Which expedite request are you referring to? Is there a special form for this request? I have mailed my pictures via regular mail one week ago. Thanks.

muslikcat said:
I have submitted my application online. Which expedite request are you referring to? Is there a special form for this request? I have mailed my pictures via regular mail one week ago. Thanks.

Write a letter in MS Word saying EXPEDITED REQUEST TO ISSUE I-131. Put this on top

and write your reason and attachment..

where does the expedire request go? to the main I 131 PO Box or a separate mail box or should be faxed?

memo said:
where does the expedire request go? to the main I 131 PO Box or a separate mail box or should be faxed?

same address as where u sent I-131..usually all USCIS addresses are P.O Boxes

kool. thx want. I just applied for RP. I think I will ask for expedired processing once I get the notice.

muslikcat said:
Hi,

You don't have to wait to get the permit before leaving the US -- it can take 6 months to process now, and you can either have it sent to your US address (and have someone mail it to you) or have it sent to a US Embassy in the country you are in.