I-131-RTD / Time Processing

KRUNZERGS

Registered Users (C)
How long it takes for a RTD PETITION TO BE PROCESSED.
Mine has been so far 5 months pending, pending since June 21, 2007.
Any body has a similar time line.
Thanks.

July 10th

have receipt dated July the 10th. Still waiting for RTD to arrive but don't need it until April of next year.

I applied for mine on March 23 and still nothing. I'm going to have to cancel a trip to Germany for Christmas if I don't get it soon. This is unbelievable.

woosterlad, 9 month pending for RTD is not usual.
You should make inquieries.
Have you received a GC yet ?
What's your time line for I-485 application.
THANKS.

Hi KRUNZERGS,

I know.. its ridiculous. I received my GC in March or this year. I called USCIS about this and they've put in an "enquiry" into why its taking so long. I'm completely flummoxed about the delay....

I sent my aplication in Sep for a re-entry permit. I have an emergency and i need to travel by Jan 2nd. I called the 800 to request expedited service. a week later I recieved a letter denying my request and indicating that I do not ave an emergencey situation that would result in a severe financial loss.

I went to the local office and showed them my documents. The officer was very friendly. He said that he was surprised that the national scenter did not see that I do not have an urgent cause. He sent an email to Nebraska while I was waiting asking them to expedite my document. This was done on Monday. So will see what happens.

Guys help me out here.

Which is more beneficial?

Travel document & Refugee document Why?

This is my situation: I want to travel to europe in April of 2008 intend to visit Paris, Germany, Amsterdam,London, maybe Italy, Luxemborg... Which document would you recommend base on visa requirements?

I am a GC holder.

What reason did you put on the request? I am simply going out there for a vacation to visit my sister and meet her fiancee's family first time. I would like to have the document in a timely manner, hence the early application. Any tips you may share will be great i want to do this ASAP.

PS: my sister maybe getting married end of next year or early 09 so i may need to travel back so i need to have a document that will hold me for a longer period.

Thanks for your answers.

Guys help me out here.

Which is more beneficial?

Travel document & Refugee document Why?

This is my situation: I want to travel to europe in April of 2008 intend to visit Paris, Germany, Amsterdam,London, maybe Italy, Luxemborg... Which document would you recommend base on visa requirements?

I am a GC holder.

What reason did you put on the request? I am simply going out there for a vacation to visit my sister and meet her fiancee's family first time. I would like to have the document in a timely manner, hence the early application. Any tips you may share will be great i want to do this ASAP.

PS: my sister maybe getting married end of next year or early 09 so i may need to travel back so i need to have a document that will hold me for a longer period.

Thanks for your answers.

I would get a RP then since it is valid for 2 years.

I would get a RP then since it is valid for 2 years.

I Agree! Even though some for some countries you do not need a visa if you have a RTD, but then getting one on your RP is not an issue, it's good for 2 years, and does not say "refugee":D

It's ridiculous, it takes too long for RTD processing!

woosterlad, 9 month pending for RTD is not usual.
You should make inquieries.
Have you received a GC yet ?
What's your time line for I-485 application.
THANKS.

I sent mine on June 1/07, receipt date, 6/8/07 . I was expecting to have it done before my scheduled travel plan on 12/7/07.
Realizing that I won't get this RTD on time, I renewed my NP. So I use my NP and GC to one of the Dutch Antilles islands in Caribbean. I had no problem getting in to the Island and came back at the Airport in Miami, no questions asked, the I/O didn't even ask me how many days I was out.

I have no idea what is going on at the processing center, why it took so long to process a travel document, if they don't want to issue one they should say so, so that I don't have to waste my time and money.

All the politician is just too busy focusing on the illegal immigrant issue but they don't really think of immigrants who has been obeying all the laws and still having a hard time just to get the travel document. I am paying taxes as others citizen do. My tax rate is not lower than the U.S. citizen but GC holder is just a second class citizen after all.

we should file a new lawsuit against this ridiculious, unnecceesery long wait of up to 6 to 8 months just to get a RTD. why in the world they do this? they jacked up the fees to double and yet instead of processing the applications quicker, they are slowing it down like a pain in the neck. legal immigrants should do something about this or we should demand our money back! it used to be about 2 to 3 months before but now 6 to 8 months just for a RTD? sick of waiting for half a year or more for this third class document RTD.

Did you show your NP to the IO in the airport? or GC only?

I sent mine on June 1/07, receipt date, 6/8/07 . I was expecting to have it done before my scheduled travel plan on 12/7/07.
Realizing that I won't get this RTD on time, I renewed my NP. So I use my NP and GC to one of the Dutch Antilles islands in Caribbean. I had no problem getting in to the Island and came back at the Airport in Miami, no questions asked, the I/O didn't even ask me how many days I was out.

I have no idea what is going on at the processing center, why it took so long to process a travel document, if they don't want to issue one they should say so, so that I don't have to waste my time and money.

All the politician is just too busy focusing on the illegal immigrant issue but they don't really think of immigrants who has been obeying all the laws and still having a hard time just to get the travel document. I am paying taxes as others citizen do. My tax rate is not lower than the U.S. citizen but GC holder is just a second class citizen after all.

Did you show your NP to the IO in the airport? or GC only?

First I gave him my GC and he asked for NP. This is the thing that I don't understand when someone (also suggested by some members of this forum and substantiated by DHS as well) told me I can come back to US with just a GC. They/ IO need to put their "ARC" stamp somewhere.

It a complete disregard to people's lives. Had they made the stupid and useless document valid for 5 years, and then there would not be such a long wait and thus the need to raise fees and hire more incompetent employees. I have been to the local INS offices several time through the info pass, most of the clowns behind the desk wearing the INS badge knew little or nothing abut immigration laws and regulations.

I cannot wait for the day I become a citizen, then hopefully I can make it to the senate or the house where I plan to put an end to this joke! Many will lose their jobs.

I just need you guys to vote for me :D

We will!

It a complete disregard to people's lives. Had they made the stupid and useless document valid for 5 years, and then there would not be such a long wait and thus the need to raise fees and hire more incompetent employees. I have been to the local INS offices several time through the info pass, most of the clowns behind the desk wearing the INS badge knew little or nothing abut immigration laws and regulations.

I cannot wait for the day I become a citizen, then hopefully I can make it to the senate or the house where I plan to put an end to this joke! Many will lose their jobs.

I just need you guys to vote for me :D