I-131 RP for 1 yr old

RunMore

Registered Users (C)
I am going to apply for a Re-entry Permit for me and my wife and am wondering if we should get one for our 1 year old daughter who is a Canadian National.

What would be the consequences if we do not furnish RP for her when we enter US after 2 years? Authorities at POE can't deny her entry as she will be on Canadian Passport. Can she loose her Green Card? If she does, is it a long process to reclaim it?

Being an infant I believe the authorities should be a bit lenient to her?

Or, would I be saving some grief later by paying for her RP application fee and getting the biometrics done right now????

Thanks all!!!

Authorities at POE can't deny her entry as she will be on Canadian Passport.
Yes they can deny entry to the US to people with a Canadian passport. Only US citizens have a bulletproof right to enter the US.

After 12 months consecutive months outside the US, the green card (without a reentry permit or Returning Resident Visa) loses its validity as entry document. And they won't let her enter as a visitor using her Canadian passport, because her parents are permanent residents so they know she's not going to leave the US within 6 months.

Get the reentry permit for her and save yourself an immigration nightmare. Surely you don't want to have her stuck outside the US for months while you reapply for her green card.

Thanks for your advise and I will follow it...

The only reason this came to my mind is because when we claimed our PR status at the POE, the officers didn't fingerprint the little one. ... so I thought maybe they don't need a RP and biometeric for her either :)

But, will stick with your advise and follow the guidelines.