I-131 returned

aguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had filed forms I-485, I-765, and I-131 for my wife at Nebraska Service Center. For some reason, form I-131 was sent to Texas service center. And then uscis returned it, saying that they were unable to located the corresponding i-485. But they have kept and given a pending notice (I-797c) form for I-765. What should I do?

I saw that for I-485, Nebraska SC is current for July 1 2007. So, should I just wait for her I-485 to become current and call USCIS or should I call them now and tell them that the form has been submitted but is pending.

A related question: my I-140 reached USCIS on july 27th. They havent deposited the check for i-140. The current date for i-140 is july 1, 2007. Will I still get a receipt date of july 27th? I mean, I submitted the form on time and it reached them on time.

For concurrent filing, it was important for my application to reach them before july 30th, and it did. Is there any way to figure out if I am "being" considered concurrently.

I will appreciate all the advice that I can get. Thanks.

aguy,

The question here is why did you file for your I-485 etc., without getting your I-140 approved. My understanding is that you can apply for I-485, I-765 and I-131 only after getting your I-140 approved. As per the standard operating procedures, they should mark your check with the Receipt Number of I-140 and deposit. If it's npt collected, it means that it has not been taken up for initial processing.

My guess is, it moves only after collection of check from your bank. Wait till you proceed to do any thing on I-485 or I-131. You can call USCIS and ask for the status of I-140 immediately.

Wish you good luck.

Regards

Sail1

i can concurrent file i-140 and I485 together. that is not a problem. it has qutie long front log at all the service center now.