I-131 - Ap

perai123

Registered Users (C)
Filed I-131 advanced parole application for my wife on May 14th. Got Receipt the next week itself. As per INS status web site, it was approved on Jun 13th. But we never received the approval notice. When we called and spoke to an IIO we were told that it was mailed to the correct address on Jun 13th iteslf. But it never reached us. But we got the approval notice for our daughter. What should I do now? Is there any way to get a copy of the approval? Or we need to file a fresh I-131 application once again? If anybody had an experience, Please share the info.

Thanks
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
AP 131 Approval

Yes Unfortunately I am facing the same scenerio. My AP petition was approved on Aug 22 2002 but we never got the notice. My lawyer tried talking to the IIO but was told that the notice was mailed on Aug 22 and if I have'nt received it I have to apply again .

So much for INS good work !! They expect us to pay twice for AP .... just a bunch of lazy people.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AP

Well I had the same experience. I also filed for AP for myself and 3 of my family members on May 14 and the same was approved by INS on June 13 but I never received it. My attorney advised me to file for another one and I did so in September.

Here's the problem. The INS has changed the format of the AP in the last few months. Previously they use to paste the original photo and stamp it and therefore it was not possible to apply for a duplicate copy of the approved notice. The only solution was to re-apply but now the INS scans and prints the photos on the AP approval notice so it's possible to apply for a duplicate.

The INS will issue a duplicate faster than the new one.

After some enquiries the INS was kind enough to send me my approval notice but for my family they advised me via fax to apply for duplicate. Since I had re-applied for their AP I am waiting to it's approval.

Hope this helps.

same problem

AP approved on Sep 10 but no approval notice yet. One of my friend got his notice after 3 months of AP approval date.

Not sure why IIOs keep saying that they mailed notice on approval date.

Thanks folks for sharing your experience.

How can I apply for a duplicate copy via fax?

Is there any other alternative way of getting an emergency AP by going to local INS office and stating the fact the 'original application was approved but never received'

Talked to IIO Today

Did get hold of an IIO and asked about the AP approval not being received problem. He suggested to send request (fax) for duplicate copy.

The fax number is 949-389-3055.

Also do include the WAC number and all the details.

Hope this helps.

:)

Sandip

Thanks for your reply.

Is there any fixed format to request a duplicate copy or Is it enoug if I can just fax my request letter stating the facts with all details?

Should I first speak to an IIO before I send any fax?

Thanks

Fax Inquiry

I dont think you need to talk to IIO to fax for the duplicate copy. I did have a file format .. I am attaching that for you to use.

But I guess a plain paper request would do to. Hope we get our approvals soon, I have a India trip planned on Nov. 20

The attached file is a pdf file so change the name to .pdf (this software does not allow pdf files as attachment)

Sandip

Dear Sandip

Thanks a lot for your attachment. I'll fill-in the fax inquiry sheet and fax it along with my plain paper request letter with copies of all documents to INS. Hope I'll get a duplicate copy for this fax request. I wish you to get your approvals before your travel.

Thanks

RFE rec'd for wife and daughter's AP, my AP approved

Im in the same boat with an additional problem. Yet to receive the RFE in the mail so dont know what its about. Never recd my approved AP (AP approval date being 10/05) in the mail.

Have asked attorney to look into it.

Rambo

RFE rec'd for wife and daughter's AP, my AP approved

Im in the same boat with an additional problem. Yet to receive the RFE in the mail so dont know what its about. Never recd my approved AP (AP approval date being 10/05) in the mail.

Have asked attorney to look into it.

Rambo

The section that mails APs is completely screwed up. There are lots of such cases. Unfortunately, INS does not take any action (as usual).

Sometimes, the system is updated but actual mail is not delivered to the post office. Wait for atleast 8 weeks from the date of approval before applying again (which seems to be the only option when you do not get the AP in mail).

As regards my AP experience, INS mailed mine to another law firm
and the law firm mailed it back to INS and INS it to me and had caused me much stress as my wife and daughter received theirs after 2-3 days of the approval.:(