I-131-ap

saiprasanth_us1

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

My friend filed his I485/I131/I765 on July 3rd and he recently got his receipts from NSC. His I131 receipt date is July 3,2007 and notice date is August 18,2007. He is having travel plans to India and as of today he didn't get his AP and he doesn't have H1 visa stamped in his passport.

Can he goto local INS office for getting any travel document in case if his I131 petition doesn't get approved?

Can he take infopass appointment for this?

Are the number of days pending is counted from the Reciept Date or Notice date?

After how many days can he go to local INS office?

Please reply and your input helps.

Hi!

My friend filed his I485/I131/I765 on July 3rd and he recently got his receipts from NSC. His I131 receipt date is July 3,2007 and notice date is August 18,2007. He is having travel plans to India and as of today he didn't get his AP and he doesn't have H1 visa stamped in his passport.

Can he goto local INS office for getting any travel document in case if his I131 petition doesn't get approved?

if its emergency , he can go on H1 with 485 rceipt.

I am waiting for over 100 days for AP....hasn't got it yet.

Travel Document can be issued at local USCIS office,but they need a solid proof of emergency.I tried once in Newark (NJ) ,an old lady gave us very hard time to approve.
At our third attempt we managed to get the Travel Doc.Again it all depends on the officer with whom we are dealing with.

If it is real emergency he can go to USCIS immediately (if appointment available) there is no time restriction.

Hi!