I-131 (AP) fee question

dgrajan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate your valuable input for my concern.

I had filed my I-485 in April 2007 and is currently pending. I was expecting it might get approved before the end of this year (stupid me.....) so did not think about applying EAD (I am on H1 valid for next two years) or AP.

But, since the July visa bulletin changes and also with the fee hike, I thought of getting AP just as a precautionary thing. So, I sent my I-131 application to TSC on 17th August 2007, with the old fee of $170. However, today I got the rejection notice saying that "improper filing fee".

The following passage is from
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ3.pdf

"aliens who file an employment-based Form I–485 and any related Forms I–765 and I–131, pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107, through August 17, 2007, must include the filing fees in effect prior to July 30, 2007. The new fee schedule becomes effective on July 30, 2007, for all other immigration and naturalization applications and petitions and on August 18, 2007, for Forms I–485 and all subsequent or ‘‘renewal’’ applications for advance parole and employment authorization based on pending Forms I–485 filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107.

My question is....

As per the Visa Bulletin No. 107, my category (EB1) was current and my I-485 had been pending.
And, my I-131 application reached TSC on 17th Aug 2007.

So, shouldn't I file the old fee ($170) and not the new fee ($305) ?

Or did I misinterpret?

Please give me your kind suggestions. Thank you in advance.

dgrajan

Hi All,

I would greatly appreciate your valuable input for my concern.

I had filed my I-485 in April 2007 and is currently pending. I was expecting it might get approved before the end of this year (stupid me.....) so did not think about applying EAD (I am on H1 valid for next two years) or AP.

But, since the July visa bulletin changes and also with the fee hike, I thought of getting AP just as a precautionary thing. So, I sent my I-131 application to TSC on 17th August 2007, with the old fee of $170. However, today I got the rejection notice saying that "improper filing fee".

The following passage is from
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ3.pdf

"aliens who file an employment-based Form I–485 and any related Forms I–765 and I–131, pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107, through August 17, 2007, must include the filing fees in effect prior to July 30, 2007. The new fee schedule becomes effective on July 30, 2007, for all other immigration and naturalization applications and petitions and on August 18, 2007, for Forms I–485 and all subsequent or ‘‘renewal’’ applications for advance parole and employment authorization based on pending Forms I–485 filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107.

My question is....

As per the Visa Bulletin No. 107, my category (EB1) was current and my I-485 had been pending.
And, my I-131 application reached TSC on 17th Aug 2007.

So, shouldn't I file the old fee ($170) and not the new fee ($305) ?

Or did I misinterpret?

Please give me your kind suggestions. Thank you in advance.

dgrajan

new fee

I received an email from uscis stating that they mailed me an RFE for Advanced parole. I still havent received it and I am very worried. I submitted all my filings (I-140, I-765, I-485, and I-131) together in April 2, 2007. I have also submitted my proof of status, EVL, and all necessary things when I filed. My I-140 and I-765 got approved. As a reason for I-131, I gave visiting my mom and number of entries requested 3 times.

Can anyone tell me what RFEs can they request from me for Advanced parole (I-131)?