I 131 and proof of vaccination question

sunshine237

Registered Users (C)
Hey,

I am applying for Advance Parole concurrently with I-485 application. In part 7. it asks about how I qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. I wanted an advance parole because we were planning to go on a vacation in early summer. I am sure that is not a good enough reason for USCIS. Also, how do I prove that I qualify for AP?

For documentation for vaccination, is a letter from my family physician back in my country stating that have taken the required shots valid? I have taken all the shots but do not have the documentation with me and I don't want to take more shots if not needed. Has anyone used such a letter as evidence for vaccination?

Any advice is appreciated.

Although I haven't filed I-131 myself, my explanation would be simply that you're eligible based on filing a concurrent adjustment of status application and the circumstance is that you're intending to travel temporarily outside the United States while your adjustment of status is pending. But someone who's thought more about this can probably give you better advice.

About the vaccinations (I'm assuming this is for the I-693 vaccination supplement), it probably depends on the Civil Surgeon, what evidence he/she will accept. I have a little vaccination booklet (in my native language) and made my own an English language list of the contents and printed it out (and told them I made the list myself). They didn't have a problem with it. If your family physician can certify that you took all the required shots, why can't he provide an itemized list? My guess is the Civil Surgeon will prefer if you have a list of shots and dates when you got them.... because that's also the format used in the supplement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!!! Thanks, I will get a certification from my family physician.

I have one more question. I came to US as F-1 and got married to a US citizen. However, we knew each other before I came here. The problem is we opened a joint bank account immediately after I came here, which proves that we knew each other extremely well. Is this a problem? I have seen posts that say this might be considered as fraud. Should I be worried?

In my opinion, you didn't commit any fraud by opening a joint bank account. There might be any number of reasons why people would want to have joint accounts although they are not intending to get married (yet) ... for business reasons, for convenience, etc. ... I've had joint savings bonds and credit cards with my wife several years before we decided to get married. I considered it safer at the time for my US savings bonds to be co-owned by my US citizen girlfriend, and we wanted to maximize our credit card rewards so we charged to one credit card.

That said, you have to be able to prove nonimmigrant intent for your entry on F-1. That would include closer ties to your home country. If you entered with the intention to marry and immigrate at that visit then indeed it would be considered fraud.

Last edited by a moderator: