I-131 (Advance Payroll) question for Prents

varma123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for I-131 for my parents in April, 2004. Can anyone tell me how long they issue the AP(I-131) normally. Is it for 3-6 months or for 1 Year. Looks like it is taking long time these days in Arlington, VA area

Also how long does it take for 485 process to be completed. Any recent experience is greatly appreciated.

Manoj Varma

For my wife, they issued the AP for 1 year. However, there is a restriction for each trip you can make. Each trip can be for max. of 90 days.

I-485 processing time: I guess it depends on the service center. We are waiting for my wife's case in San Jose for about 3 months now.

Hope this helps.

If you see the processing dates for Washington D.C area, right now they are processing, the cases with receipt date of May 18th 2004 for advance parole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Romit

Romit,

Thanks. You said the Max for one trip is 90 Days. Did they specify that in the I-131 approved document. I thought normally it is valid for 1 Year and You can only use it ONLY once. After one time you have apply for second one. ANyone please confirm.

For the NBC it is still April 29th.

Manoj Varma

varma123 said:
Romit,

Thanks. You said the Max for one trip is 90 Days. Did they specify that in the I-131 approved document. I thought normally it is valid for 1 Year and You can only use it ONLY once. After one time you have apply for second one. ANyone please confirm.

For the NBC it is still April 29th.

Manoj Varma

we don't have real experience yet since we did not travel with the AP yet. They gave us two copies of the document so that we could provide one to the airline authority and one for the immigration officer at the port of entry. However, the immigration officer at the service center said, if we are planning for a multiple trips within the year, then we could ask the immigration officer at the port of entry to make a copy and return the orginal back to us for second travel.

I don't know if that works or not.

You should have received three copies from your attorney.

The approved Advanced Parole form is called I-512 and usually three copies of them are given. One copy for the applicant, one copy for the USCIS at the port of entry and one for the airline (so that they let you board the plane with out other valid visa.) First time you travel, you give the appropriate copies to airline and USCIS, and USCIS will stamp your copy. Subsequent times, you can just show your copy and travel.

Check following link: http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/ap.html