I 131 (Advance Parole) - AVM message

chiefcook2002

Registered Users (C)
I 131 (Advance Parole) Denied - AVM message

I have applied for renewal of my advance parole document i.e I 131.....

I just checked AVM message, which says

"A written decision in this case was mailed on Aug 23rd 2002......."

What does it mean? Does it mean denied?

-ChiefCook

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cheked my AVM. It also same thing for my AP extension.
It is saying "a written decision...on 23rd august........"

Hi, chiefcook2002 & rgk

Sorry to hear that.

My friend got the same message for his EAD in Jan 2002, and then
his application was denied & he got denied notice.

Please wait until you get INS notice. GOOD LUCK!

I don't see reason for Advance parole denial

Does INS track all the filed applications?

I don't see any valid reason to deny Advance Parole document. What are the possiblities of I 485 approval & INS denies the corresponding I 131 (Advance parole)......

I never seen a denial Advance parole case ....

Anybody with similar experience......

-ChiefCook

I dont see a reason for AP denial. I already have valid
AP and it is extension request.
There couldbe 3 possibilities:

1. I-485 approved,so I-131 denied.
2. INSmay be thinking it is too early to apply for I-131 extension.
3. May be its problem with AVM

I agree....

rgk,

I thought the same of your three points.....Let's wait & see what it would be........

Good luck

ChiefCook

my AP is about to expire in Dec2002. my lawyer filed extension
in last week of july...Whats ur status cheifcook

Same here

rgk,

same here......mine too

AP & EAD expires in december. I have alredy valid AP.......

This is for extension

-ChiefCook

rgk,

rgk,

Spoke to IIO today morning.....

Came to know that I 131 was denied. IIO didn't give any reasons & asked me to wait until to receive notice, which stats the reasons for denial. Further my I 485 is still pending.......& not assigned yet.....IIO told that they are currently processing August ND dates & it would take another two months to approve mine.......Same standard answers....

After speaking to IIO, I spoke to my lawyer. She said this looks very strange, & never seen a case before INS denying Travel document (I 131 Advance Parole). She told me that wait until to see the notice & the reasons...... She also gave a hope that we can refile again with valid reasons...Not to worry much...

rgk, try to gather the information from your attorney & ask about possible reasons for INS denying the I 131 document. Let me know if you find any interesting stuff...

Thank you & good luck

-ChiefCook

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

that is so weired. Why will INS deny that , why they do't want you to go out on travel purposes. May be you can appel against the decision , you have a valid 485 pending and have EAD there's no way they have right to deny such application furthermore you already had it once.

I would wait till my attorney gets denial notice.
I would update you as soon as I hear from attorney. Should be sometime this week.

A denial means not eligible to apply AP extension.
May be attorney filed AP too early and thats why
it is denied. I can not think of any other
reason.

INS usually send RFE before denying. Looks like your attorney applied too early. Immigration attorneys .... huh..

here you go..............

Guys, I got my notice today....

"Service records show that you filed another application for an advance parole document (I131),WAC- xxxxxx, which was approved on <Month date xxx> and that document is valid until <Month Date>.

Since you have received, or will recevie an advance parole document(I512) based on the other application ,it will serve no purpose to approve this application and issue another document. Therefore, all action on this application is terminated as of the date of this notice"

From the above message, I understood that my attorney didn't clearly specify that this application is for extension or attorney applied too early......

ChiefCook

My attorney havnt received the notice yet.
But from your description, I am sure I got
denied for same reason. Looks like our case
was handled by same person. My status is
same as urs ( AP valid till Dec02 and the
extension denied on same day as urs aug 23).

This is no big deal. I am sure attorney can
re-apply after clarification.

How long ago should one apply for renewal?

How long ago should one apply for renewal?

Anyone knows how long it takes to renew EADs and APs?

on AP renewal

Even I plan to file for AP renewal as my current one expires in Jan 02... I just looked into the 131 form, there isn't anything as "Renewal", so I guess it is treated as though applying newly.. I think thats why they ask for new photos..

If you filled out form 131, do you remember what date u specified in part 3 ?"intended date of departure").. I guess we shud be putting the date which is beyond current AP expire date, else the officer wud think why do u need a new AP..?? it's just my guessing..

pls share your thoughts.

-Ella_hasiru

Renewal dates for EAD & AP

EAD: 6 months before

Advance Parole (AP): 4 months before (Came to know through my attorney)

Hope this helps.....

-ChiefCook