I-130 Sponsor - translation question

Sukie

Registered Users (C)
I am a US Citizen, and will be sponsoring my spouse and filling out the I-130 soon.

I was born in Germany to US Citizens (Dad was in the US Army). I have a birth certificate (in German), a "Report of Birth - Child born abroad of American Parents" (in English), and my Naturalization Certificate.

For my Australian Permanent Residency, I actually translated my own Birth Certificate, word for word, and was not questioned. I also submitted the other two documents.

If I have the "Report of Birth" and my Naturalization Certificate, am I going to run into trouble with the "non-official" translation of the German Birth Certificate? The instructions are not very clear if I need the Birth Certificate if I have other documents. Should I skip the Birth Certificate since I have the "Report of Birth" and the Naturalization Certificate?

I was going to submit all three (and a copy of my US passport) to prove that I am eligible to be a sponsor. But since it is so clear that I am an US citizen, I hate to pay an "official translator" to translate my birth certificate, when I have already done it myself (and really, the German words are so close to English that anyone with half a brain can figure it out...)

Any ideas?

Sukie

Нужен совет связ

Здравствуйте читатели форума. На этой неделе меня постигла не приятная участь всех водителей и программистов.
Немного предистории:
Я уже на протяжении последних трех лет каждый день работаю по десять часов каждый день. Ремесло мое не хитрое - создание и продвижение сайтов.
Будем называть все своими именами, такая противная болезнь как Геморрой. Сначала было "отрицание", мол "как так?" - я же так молод!
Но дискамфорт в заднице быстро заставило меня перейти к действиям, я уже записался на прием к доктору.
Но до приема мне еще 2 дня, и разум мой нервничает :(
Хотел спросить у знающих людей, к чему мне готовить себя, смогу ли я это дело залечить и жить нормальной,полной жизнью, как мне дальше деньги зарабатывать? прибить комьютер к стене и работать стоя ?)
Буду рад любой информации, особенно личному опыту!

Hey,

If you were born in one of the following locations a Consular Report of Birth is not available. You must obtain your birth record from the respective Vital Records Office:

Puerto Rico
U.S. Virgin Islands
American Samoa
Guam
Swains Island

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice.

I am a US Citizen, and will be sponsoring my spouse and filling out the I-130 soon.

I was born in Germany to US Citizens (Dad was in the US Army). I have a birth certificate (in German), a "Report of Birth - Child born abroad of American Parents" (in English), and my Naturalization Certificate.

For my Australian Permanent Residency, I actually translated my own Birth Certificate, word for word, and was not questioned. I also submitted the other two documents.

If I have the "Report of Birth" and my Naturalization Certificate, am I going to run into trouble with the "non-official" translation of the German Birth Certificate? The instructions are not very clear if I need the Birth Certificate if I have other documents. Should I skip the Birth Certificate since I have the "Report of Birth" and the Naturalization Certificate?

I was going to submit all three (and a copy of my US passport) to prove that I am eligible to be a sponsor. But since it is so clear that I am an US citizen, I hate to pay an "official translator" to translate my birth certificate, when I have already done it myself (and really, the German words are so close to English that anyone with half a brain can figure it out...)

Any ideas?

Sukie