I-130 Reopened

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I don't know if anyone here has had the same experience.

I had my I-130 revoked upon the death of my father in 2008. In 2010 I wrote a letter to Homeland Security seeking a re-instatement of the petition as provided for in the new law. On March 28, 2011 I received a letter ordering that the case be reopened. Together with the letter, I submitted an I-485 for AOS upon which I was interviewed on Feb 18, 2011.

1. Does anyone know what the next step(s) is?
2. How long will it take before I hear from them again?
3. Do I have to do another interview and biometrics?
4. Does this mean that my I-485 has been approved/denied?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your fingerprints were done more than 15 months ago, you might have to give fingerprints again. But other than that, all that's left for you to do is wait for the decision. If your priority date is current, you should be approved within the next few weeks. Otherwise, if retrogression affected you, your wait may be much longer, depending on your category (family 1st preference?) and country and priority date.

First of all thanks for the reply.

Do you know how long it takes for a decision to be made? My fingerprints are within the 15-month window. My category is unmarried son over 21. How do you know if your PD is current? Do they go by the date the I-130 was first approved or the date the I-485 was filed? Because my I-130 was approved in 2005. PD for my I-485 says Sep 28, 2010.

It has been more than 60days since my interview for AOS on Feb 18, 2011. Does anyone know how long it takes for a decision to be made? My fiance is getting tired of waiting to be married. Somebody help. Jackolantern, where are you?