i-130 questions

Prasin

Hello Mom and everyone,
I have filed DV based i-485 as a derivative of my spouse (who was principal applicant) last year. She was approved but I was denied. Now, my spouse wants to file i-130 form for me. I have few confusions when we try to fill up the form.

1. In I-130 form, part 5, there is this question: "Have you ever previously filed a petition for this beneficiary?"
What should she answer for this question? Yes or No?
I was derivative of the DV based AOS petition during 2019.

2. Does derivative of principal applicant in previously filed i-485 and beneficiary in current i-130 form mean the same?

Please kindly provide your comments and feedbacks.

Best regards,
Prasin

1. she would say No
2. I'm not sure what you mean. You were a derivative beneficiary of the DV (of which she was the principal beneficiary). Nobody files a petition for a derivative beneficiary; one only files a petition for the principal beneficiary; and, in any case, DV doesn't involve a petition.

By the way, I have couple of more questions:
1. Do I need to state in the I-130 form at the last page that I have filed for I-485 that got denied?
2. Do I need to include the denial decision letter in the I-130 package?
I look forward to receiving your feedback.
Thanks
Best regards,
Prasin

Hello Mom,

Due to the current situation with the corona virus, my wife lost her job and is currently unemployed. Therefore, in the form I-130, I guess She will have to put that she's unemployed under current employment. Do you think she needs to provide any supporting documents for that?
Thanks