I-130, Ques-16, has your relative ever been under immigration processing??

playboy

Registered Users (C)
My father applied I-130 for my mother, we two sisters and younger brother about 10 yrs ago. My elder sister got marriage befor the visa interview. She didn't appear at the time of interview. Me, my brother and my mum got visa and now we are citizen except my mum and dad. After six yrs my brother want to apply for her I-130. But my sister's name and date of birth is not same in her academic certificate, marriage certificate, as it was 10 yrs ago when my dad apply for her. I-130, Question-16, "has your relative ever been under immigration processing?" What will be the answer Yes or No? Does it indicationg her immigration process 10 yrs ago?? Or it means something different???

Pls help me find the answer.

Thanks,

The question is about proceedings, not "processing". They are referring to proceedings related to deportation/exclusion from the US or revocation of a visa or immigration status, not the usual processing that goes on with a regular immigration application.

So you mean I can say "no" for the question? It is not related to her previous immigrant petition? I can use her present name and date of birth, no need to worry about what we did 15 yrs ago? Pls help.

Write NO for that question, unless she was in some kind of removal/deportation/revocation proceedings.

Write her current name and CORRECT date of birth, whatever it is. If they notice the name and/or date of birth was different 10 years ago, she'll just have to explain it. The name difference is easily explained through marriage -- but why is her date of birth different? Is it because her father made a mistake on the I-130 ten years ago? Did she get a new birth certificate with a different date of birth?