I-130 processing faster than I-129F

dallastxusa

I am a U.S. Citizen petitioning for my wife in India.
Feb 24: I-130 sent
Feb 28: I-130 Received by USCIS (as stated in I-797C)
Mar 07: Notice Date (as stated in I-797C)

The current processing time for I-130 at California Service Center seems pretty fast. As of 03/04/05, they are processing Notice Date 02/01/05 - https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

According to the K-3 application processes, the next step is to file I-129F with USCIS Chicago. However, the processing time for I-129F seems very very long. As of 03/04/05, they are processing 08/09/04 - https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

So my question is, should I even file a I-129F, or is I-130 sufficient?
If I file for I-129F regardless, and if I-130 is approved while I-129F is still in process, what happens in this case? Many thanks for your help !!

I have the same question regarding I-130 over K-3. I mailed out K-3 papers on the same day my I-130 was approved. I seems that K-3 will take months to be approved. I hope it will not distract the I-130 process, since it already supposedly on the way to the Embassy.

antonms said:
I have the same question regarding I-130 over K-3. I mailed out K-3 papers on the same day my I-130 was approved. I seems that K-3 will take months to be approved. I hope it will not distract the I-130 process, since it already supposedly on the way to the Embassy.
Yes, K3 is a waste of money. i 130 is the best option if you come under VSC or CSC.

Hey,

I need some help!!

Please tell me all you know abt the procedure of filling I-130 from New Delhi??
I'm going to file I-130 soon for my husband and just want to know the procedure before hand. Thank you.

I am a French citizen and my fiance is American. We met and lived together abroad for nearly two years . He came back to the US a few months ago to work, and I am here at the moment on a tourist visa to visit him, and leaving next month before my visa expires. We read a lot of material but are still not sure what the best way is for us to live here together , and for me, to be able to work: we thought I would go back to France while we apply for a K1 visa, but the processing time seems awfully long and we do not want to be apart for months at a time. What happens if we marry in France soon, can we come back together to the US right after the wedding. Are we allowed to marry here now, before my visa expires (even though we had no intention to do so when I first came)? In short, what's the best, shortest, legal way, to do this? Thank you very much for your help!

FVR said:
Hey,

I need some help!!

Please tell me all you know abt the procedure of filling I-130 from New Delhi??
I'm going to file I-130 soon for my husband and just want to know the procedure before hand. Thank you.

The US citizen need to stay in India for 60 days before filing I-130 at US Embassy in New Delhi. This is called Direct Consular Processing. You can get info by sending an email to new delhi embassy.

I am in India for a month right now. Need to file I-130 for my wife.