I-130 processing date passed my application date

aabraham

Registered Users (C)
I'm a USC and I've filed 2 I-130(s) for my parents. My application date is Aug 31,05 and I've filed with California service center. On March 7 they published the new processing dates and it's Sep 02,05 so it's already passed my date but when I look online my case statuses have not changed. I haven't received any letters either. So I called the 1 800 number a few minutes ago and they said "Yes mam the processing date is passed your date however we can not do anything for you. You should wait until the processing date is one month passed you application date then call us back and we can launch an investigation." I'm so dissapointed... Since I filed these applications I had to call 4 times to do an address change and everytime I had to wait a month to see if I get the address change confirmation which I didn't and called back and wait another month to see if that one will go through... so I'm done with waiting and calling the 1 800 number. I don't want to wait another month to call them only to open an investigation. God knows how long that'll take. Do you think that maybe they have processed my case but they are behind on updating the case status online and sending the letter??? I hope so... Has anyone experienced this before? Or for those of you who got an approval letter for I-130 how long did it take for you to get the letter from the approval date?

aabraham, now that CSC processing date has moved past your application date, hopefully your application will be approved soon. A couple of thoughts:

- based on what I have seen on this forum, online status is not reliable and often times not updated regularly
- were you able to confirm that your address change was processed?
- is it possible that you did not receive the approval letter due to address change? If possible, can you verify at your old address?
- can you schedule an infopass at your local DO? We know from this forum that for AOS applications, infopass provides more insight into status than 1-800 number. However, I am not sure about usefullness of infopass for I-130 (CP).

visaapplicant said:
aabraham, now that CSC processing date has moved past your application date, hopefully your application will be approved soon. A couple of thoughts:

- based on what I have seen on this forum, online status is not reliable and often times not updated regularly
- were you able to confirm that your address change was processed?
- is it possible that you did not receive the approval letter due to address change? If possible, can you verify at your old address?
- can you schedule an infopass at your local DO? We know from this forum that for AOS applications, infopass provides more insight into status than 1-800 number. However, I am not sure about usefullness of infopass for I-130 (CP).

Thanks for your reply

- I've verified that the address change for my mom has been done a long time ago(Nov 05), but my dad's address change was not fixed until a week ago. So I'm still waiting to get the confirmation letter for my dad and online status says that they have sent a letter responding to my request for more info and I hope that's the address change notification...
- I don't know if I schedule an infopass are they going to tell me wait until the processing time passes your application date by a month and then come back?
- I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem? another word is it common to get approval after the processing date has passed your application date or does that signal a problem???

aabraham said:
- I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem? another word is it common to get approval after the processing date has passed your application date or does that signal a problem???

aabraham,

I-130 processing canbe somewhat random at times. It maynot be a problem and most likely you should receive the approvals soon.

In earlier post (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=202418) Yamini wrote that even when both I-130s were filed together at VSC, her father-in-law's I-130 was approved within one and half month and mother-in-law's took 4 months. Although at that time VSC was publishing a processing time (based on dates) of 3 months.

Hence CIS processing dates are not very accurate. However you are doing the right thing, in terms of calling CIS and opening an investigation as soon as they would allow you to.

Good Luck!

recieved letter from ins about I-130

I have somewhat similar situation as you. I applied I-130 April, 2005. Current processing time of Nebraska is January 1, 2005. So I called INS about it, they sent me a letter and their explanation is….”USCIS is now processing Form I-130 as a visa number becomes available.” …and bla bla bla.. They refer to check when will be visa number available…at www.state.gov

Has anyone received this kind of letter USCIS?

I am USC and applied for my parent. I got my recieved letter on Aug 17th,2005. Now they are processing Sep2nd,2005 but I haven't got any approval notice. I called INS and they said I will get something within couple of weeks. I am just waiting now............