I-130 parents approval at VSC (rcpt dt AUG 2006 and after)

nirav5508

Registered Users (C)
Hi, everybody I am trying to start a brand new thread for people who have used I-130 for parents (CP), AUG 2006 and after...

Please post the timeline here..

AGAIN, people Who has filed for parents I-130 after AUG 2006, ...

All other threads have either gone off the track or are dead, we need latest applicants in this thread..
Also, if you don'd meet this criteria, No need for links to other threads..We need fresh start here for recent applicants...please..

Below is my timeline:

I-130 FOR PARENTS IN INDIA (CP)

receipt date:01/12/2007
Approval: waiting ??

approved.....

Below is my timeline:

I-130 FOR PARENTS IN INDIA (CP) at VSC

receipt date:01/12/2007
approved 05/25/2007

Sent I-130 on April 28th 2007 to Vermont. Have not received the receipt data yet and checks are not cashed. How long it takes to cash checks and send receipt date?

No Receipts yet!!

I filed I-130 for parents in India currently to the Vermont Service center on 5/17/2007. No receipts yet. Checks even not cashed. Wondering if this is consistent with other filers. I am wondering now may be I should have them come here and filed for simultaneous I-130/AOS rather than CP, but is done now. I see AOS applications are moving real well with everything completed in about 3 months.

Receipt date

One of my friend filed for his parents. it took him about a month to get NOA1, i.e. receipt letter.
however, I received my NOA1 witihin 2 weeks or less.

good luck with yours.

Receipt date: 3/16/2007
Notice Date: 4/4/2007 (3 weeks from submitting to approval!)

Currently working towards CP in London. So far have dealt with I-864, selection of agent, and most recently the fees for DS-230.

Checks finally cashed 6-11-07 for the I-130 submitted to VSC on 5-17-07. No receipt yet.

rcpt date soon

You should get receipt within a week now. that is the time for them to enter your case in the system and to send you the rcpt ltr.

Also, did you see previous post? looks like in his/her case rcpt ltr took 3 weeks, but approval time kinda made up for it..

Do you need separate petitions for both parents?

I am sponsoring both my parents for GC. I filed two separate I-130 petitions for each of them on the advise of some friends. Now the question is would these application and subsequent NVC processing and finally the CP process continue to proceed separately or at some point the two cases get merged together.

Why can't one file only one petion for one parent and list the other as a dependent spouse. Less hastle and you save on the fee also. Is that feasible?

How are most folks doing this?

separate petition

Yes, one I 130 for each parents, and that is the only way to file for parents.
although, with your brother your sister, kids(under 18/21) and husband/wife automatically get to accompany the person immigrating. It does feel feasible but is not the case.
Files mostly will go together throughout the process(although they don't merge..i.e. no hard rule that files for both parents must stay together), but in very very rare cases the file get separated which is painful.you just hope that yours is not the one.

Got my Receipt notice for I-130

OK so finally I got my receipt notice for the applications. Now the wait.

Parents

Dear Friends,

I filled for my parents (I130) for CP on 1/29/07. Receipt received on 2/28/7. D3032 received on 5/28/7. Fee for AOS received by me on 5/28/7. Awaiting I864 and DS230 for my parents.

Let's hope everyone's parents come here fast before this new immigration law becomes reality.

Thank you.

New Immigration law

Hi everybody, does anyone know that if this new rule will affect the files that are already in process? I mean, It will be ridiculous if they simply cancel all files if visa is not issued no matter what stage of the immigration process they are...

anyone with info please shed some light..

New immigration law

I heard from Lawyer Rajiv Khanna (If I heard correctly) that those whose filed for their parents and if their files are already in process, they should be fine. But bill says, CIS may request all who filed after may 05 to refile it. Logically, those whose file is at advanced stage of processing ( i.e. at consulate) may not have to refile it as they are still going to issue 40,000 visa/year. So this is what my understanding is. But I am not a lawyer. And let's first see if this bill goes through. Even if it passes by senate, it still has to go to house, then conference committee and then final passage and at any time, few senators or house members can create objections and delay in it. other thing is, if this bill is singed by president after 30th of sept, then it will come in to effect from 10/1/2008, that's year from now, by then anyone who has already applied, would be here. So let's hope this law doesn't go through or go through later than sept, 07.

I filed for both my parents using CP to VSC.

I still have not received a receipt for my fathers case. I called the INS and they gave me his receipt number and confirmed that the ND/RD dates are the same as my moms case ( I did get her receipt ).
They also said that the cases have been transferred to CSC.

I-130 file April first week 2007
checks cashed 05/11
RD: 04/07
ND: 05/11
Waiting for approval.

BTW whats the next step ?

I-130 for Parents

Hi all,
Can I send I-130 to VSC in FEDEX/UPS OR USPS?
Is it a must that we should send thru USPS?
Adv thanks

Ups/fedex?

I sent mine with fedex.(because I could walk to Fedex outside the District. Immi. office on the day I became citizen...) I am sure most people send it thru USPS. so there you go, You can send it thru any service you like.

is there a similar link for CSC?

My wife (US Citizen) filed the I-130 at CSC for her parents in July.
The documents were received on July15, 2007.
Notice sent to us on July17, 2007.
Presently I see that CSC is processing Feb 12, 2007. Am curious as to when we should expect my inlaws paperwork to be processed.

Here's an update to my original post. (VSC/London)

(VSC) I-130 notice date: 3/16/07
(VSC) I-130 approved: 4/4/07
(NVC) I-864 Fee Bill: 5/7/07
(NVC) I-864 package: 5/29/07
(NVC) DS-230 Fee Bill: 6/5/07
(NVC) DS-230 package: 7/19/07
(NVC) Case forwarded to consulate: 8/24/07
(LON) Packet 3 received from consulate: 9/19/07
(LON) Interview date: 10/5/07

it is good idea to send it with USPS

Hi all,
Can I send I-130 to VSC in FEDEX/UPS OR USPS?
Is it a must that we should send thru USPS?
Adv thanks

it is good idea to send IT with USPS. IT IS GOVERNMENT UNIT THAT IS ACCEPTBLE IN THE COURT.