I-130 or K3

bhailupatel80

Hi all,

My question is that I have petitioned I-130 for my wife in india in Jan 2008. At the time of petition I was permanent resident and recently I became a US citizen. I have started the procedure to upgrade the I-130 petition. Now, I got info somewher online that I can also file I-129f form to get my wife fiance visa and she can come here faster. So, should I wait for my I-130 to get approved or file I-129f form? which is faster and better? Can somebody please provide info on this. I will be very thankful.

hi

Hi all,

My question is that I have petitioned I-130 for my wife in india in Jan 2008. At the time of petition I was permanent resident and recently I became a US citizen. I have started the procedure to upgrade the I-130 petition. Now, I got info somewher online that I can also file I-129f form to get my wife fiance visa and she can come here faster. So, should I wait for my I-130 to get approved or file I-129f form? which is faster and better? Can somebody please provide info on this. I will be very thankful.

Hello bhailupatel80,

Since you are upgrading your petition, do not file for K-3 (I-129F). once you file for K-3 your filing date will be changed from Jan 2008 to current. It will take more longer to process I-130 and K-3.considering six month processing time for K-3 it will take six months from now.

while I-130 filed in Jan 2008 and USCIS current processing Feb 2008 your file will be processed immediately after USCIS update. Go for I-130 and CR1/IR1 route

USCIS will take about 1 month to upgrade it after calling to USCIS.

Hope that helps!

Immi_info

I applied I 130 for my wife and minor daughter during March 2008 while i was a permanent resident. I upgraded the I 130 petition on OCT 10 after i became US citizen on Oct 8, 2008. I am hoping I 130 gets approved atleast by DEC 2008. Then the process of NVC and final consular interview in Mumbai, india.

What do u think about the timeframe my wife and daughter can expect consular interview in Mumbai, india.

Sonny

I applied I 130 for my wife and minor daughter during March 2008 while i was a permanent resident. I upgraded the I 130 petition on OCT 10 after i became US citizen on Oct 8, 2008. I am hoping I 130 gets approved atleast by DEC 2008. Then the process of NVC and final consular interview in Mumbai, india.

What do u think about the timeframe my wife and daughter can expect consular interview in Mumbai, india.

Sonny

Do they keep priority date same after we upgrade I-130. I thought we will be getting new date.

I'm also in same delimma to go K3 or CR route. Which one is better?

Buddy, whats the fastest procedure to get my wife here in us, I'm a permanent resident and got married recently.
thanks.
Hello bhailupatel80,

Since you are upgrading your petition, do not file for K-3 (I-129F). once you file for K-3 your filing date will be changed from Jan 2008 to current. It will take more longer to process I-130 and K-3.considering six month processing time for K-3 it will take six months from now.

while I-130 filed in Jan 2008 and USCIS current processing Feb 2008 your file will be processed immediately after USCIS update. Go for I-130 and CR1/IR1 route

USCIS will take about 1 month to upgrade it after calling to USCIS.

Hope that helps!

Immi_info

hi, I would say just file your k3 visa as soon. i had filed back in june 2006 (i130) and become a citizen october 2007 same month got update my case but not recevied any update then decide to file k3 28th agust 08 and i got approved yesterday my k3 and today i have got approved my i130 as well so my friend just file it, there is no cost to file.

hi, I would say just file your k3 visa as soon. i had filed back in june 2006 (i130) and become a citizen october 2007 same month got update my case but not recevied any update then decide to file k3 28th agust 08 and i got approved yesterday my k3 and today i have got approved my i130 as well so my friend just file it, there is no cost to file.

Congratulations dude! I filed I-130 for my wife on August 23rd and now planning to file K-3 as well.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the K-3 processed including consulate interview and spouse gets the visa? Also, how much time one have to fly once you have the visa in hand?

Hi atif10, i just sent you a private message. Can you please check and respond?

Sonny

sonny how long it takes for I 130 to be approved in VSC?
plz help
thanks

hi all! can anyone pls help me, my wife petitioned me in May 2005 under LPR and this year probably by march or april she will become a US citizen. Can we upgrade my petition and file the K3 visa at the same time after she became citizen or just file a new petition under K3 visa category without upgrading the I-130 yet? and then upgrade it after I arrived in the US? I'm so confused because I have no idea which is better to do first, my very first priority is to be with my wife and son in the soonest possible time. please help me, I really missed them so much... thanks you very much in advance!