I-130-married -adjustment of status....??

shwetathakur

Registered Users (C)
b4 i start writing anything,..i wud like 2thank atonz ..if any of yu cud help me by answering this question...my father has gc and filled for me as as a son/daughter over 21 ...and in the mean time i also got married..

1. am i eligible for adjust ment of status..?
2.probably the answer 4 1st quest wud be no...so wat if i get a divorce and then file for adjustment of status...?
3. if i be able to file for adjustment of status after divorce will i be able to carry my prior date forward..?
4. will i then be eligible for ead...after AOS..?....and will i be able to do a residency here in us( since i am a doctor)..with ead status..?
5. watz the best option for me.......without taking into consideration that i am a doctor...of getting staus adjusted and being able to work here legally..?

plz advice...

thanks

Ya sure, file for divorce. Better still, take out a life insurance policy on your spouse for millions, and then bump him/her off. You get your GC AND Millions.

When did the application for your GC go in? You are aware that whilst your father can apply for you, a visa number will not become available until he is a US citizen? Your father can apply for you even though you are married, though it will take approx 8 years for this to be completed (maybe longer depending upon how long it takes your father to become a US citizen).
Are you inside or outside the US? Have you married a US citizen or non US citizen? If you are in the US, then you will be to adjust status (and get your EAD) once the I-130 is approved...but seeing as your father is only a greencard holder at present, then this seems a long time from happening. Being a doctor holds no favour in speeding up this process or maintaining status.