I-130 &I-485 (immediate relative) ???EAD and processing dates

lau

Registered Users (C)
Nice to meet all of u guys.
Me and my husband (USC) sent out I-130 and I-485 on 1st,June 04 and got approval notices a week after the submission.
However my present J-1 status is valid until 6 Oct, 04. My question is after my present status expires and if by that time we are not scheduled for an interview what will be my status. Does my pending I-485 give me the right to wait /stay here or the whole case will be transfered to the US Consulate in my home country.
Does anyone have any idea what are the processing dates in Chicago for I-485 (immediate relative) and for EAD?
Thank you in advance.
Good luck to all of you!

Your official status after your J-1 expires will be AOS - Adjustment of Status. You will get your EAD and be able to legally work in the US for the duration of the card- you may also apply for your AP (Advanced Parole) document which will allow you to travel in and out of the US. Check the CIS site www.cis.gov to find out processing times in your center.

Good Luck :D

Thank you

Thank you for the straight answer.
It's my first time in this forum. I've read a lot about the immigration matters. But still reading so many and so various cases, that verything seems to be more confusing.
Thank you again.