I-130 & I-485 concurrent filing

hanmanthr

Registered Users (C)
I am in the process of filing for GC for my mother who is in U.S. currently on visitor visa (until May 2013). I have some questions and will great appreciate any help:

1) For the I-130, I have my original birth certificate but it does not show my name as naming was usually done a few weeks later. It has the name of my mom, correct date etc. Is this going to be accepted? Or do I need to provide another evidence?

1) I would like to file I-485 concurrently with I-130. However, I do not have all the documents needed for 485 (mainly related to mom's birth certificate). Can I apply for 485 anyway and then send the relevant documents in a few weeks? Or is better to first apply for 130 only? If I apply for only 130 now, can I file for 485 as soon as I get the documents - or do I have to wait until 130 is approved?

Thanks in advance.

Order a new birth certificate from the issuing authorities. The newly issued certificate should have your name.

If you apply for I-485 without all relevant documents, USCIS will issue an RFE and force you to provide documentation within a specified timeframe (usually 1 month). If you cannot, they will deny the petition.

If you are sure of getting all relevant paperwork ready in the next month, go ahead and file I-485. if it is going to take any longer, get the paperwork first. Birth certificates are difficult to obtain for older people in some countries including India. if birth certificate is not available, you will need a letter from the relevant authority that it is not available and nad also notatized affidavits from close older relatives who were present at the time of your mother's birth.

You can file I-130 immediately and file I-485 + other forms later. remember to get medical exam completed and sealed medical report obtained before filing I-485.

Hi,

I was applied for B1/B2 but Visa Officer said-there is no policy to issue visa regarding to meet or visit husband whose residency status LPR. They didnt take my passport and no rejection stamping.

Now, primary intention of mine, to study- M.S. / Ph.D
Male: Green Card Holder since Dec. 2010, Currently in USA
Married: January 2012
Place: Bangladesh
Spouse: Senior Lecturer, University
Highest Level of Education: M.SC
Future Goal: M.S./ MS lead Ph.D / Post Doc. in USA
Question:
Male- Didn’t file yet I-130 for Spouse, because message was if any I-130 is pending, Embassy will not issue any non-immigrant visa.
Spouse is applying for Graduate Admission in U.S. for 2013
So, please advise- Should male file for I-130 now, which will be on process and it will not affect any Non-Immigrant Visa.
Please advise me in this regard.
Thanks.