I-130 & I-485 application mailed to wrong address

lsamp

Registered Users (C)
A big oops - my parent's I-130 & I-485 application was mailed to the Nebraska Service center instead of the Chicago lockbox.

What do we need to do? How and what can wee do to fix this?

I-94 expires in about a month. Would we be able to get a receipt in time?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They'll most likely either forward the application to the correct location or return it to you. I don't think there's much you can do right now other than wait and see what happens.

Yes..

lsamp said:
A big oops - my parent's I-130 & I-485 application was mailed to the Nebraska Service center instead of the Chicago lockbox.

What do we need to do? How and what can wee do to fix this?

I-94 expires in about a month. Would we be able to get a receipt in time?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have somewhere in the USCIS website, old site, in which they claim that if you mail the application forms, it could take up to 30 days for them to forward to the correct address. :rolleyes:

So, if you are very fortunate, and a kind officer finds the mistake, and forward them to their office in Chicago, then you will fine. Once the Chicago Lockbox receives, then it there is a 10 day turnaround in which you will receive a NOA from them. ;)

Listen, if your I-94, as long as you have applied for AOS, then you are in good shape. For now, hope that they forward them quickly to the right place, and hope that you get a NOA soon. :cool:

Be on the look-out for a NOA from USCIS.

AL

Thanks for the respone guys. I was digging into the USCIS web site and I found this info in a document from 2004. So I hope they return it back to me real quick so that I can file it again in a timely manner.

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=0c36597aae39b5151ab43db7f6335cea

What will happen to Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 covered by this notice that are filed at other USCIS locations?

During the first 30 days following the effective date of this notice, other USCIS offices will forward to the Chicago Lockbox address any filings of Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 they receive that are covered by this Notice. Applications forwarded from the other USCIS offices will be considered properly filed when receipted at the Lockbox.

After the 30-day transition period, any application-type mentioned in this Notice, received at a location other than the Lockbox address will be returned with an explanation directing the applicant to mail the application directly to the Chicago Lockbox address for processing.