i-130 got approved, now what?

garbage

Registered Users (C)
I am petitioning for my wife. I am a GC since 3/2006 and my wife is here in US as F1, now under EAD. What forms do I need to fillup to do the AOS for her GC.
Thanks.

When did you file I-130 for her? If you didn't file it at least 4 years ago, she's not eligible for AOS at this time.

Did you mean November 2010?

She cannnot file I-485 until they cross her priority date (Nov. 2010?) in the family 2A category in the visa bulletin (http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5368.html), or you become a citizen, whichever comes first.

You got your GC in March 2006, so you can apply for citizenship right now unless you have something in your history that would disqualify you, like too much time traveling abroad or criminal offenses.

Did you mean November 2010?

She cannnot file I-485 until they cross her priority date (Nov. 2010?) in the family 2A category in the visa bulletin , or you become a citizen, whichever comes first.

You got your GC in March 2006, so you can apply for citizenship right now unless you have something in your history that would disqualify you, like too much time traveling abroad or criminal offenses.

bummer!! yes i meant 2010, my bad.
how about this? I have already applied N-400.
and suppose I get citizenship on august 1st 2011.

Can I use the same approved I-130 that we filed as I was a PR and fill out her AOS?
How long is the wait time to get her green card/AOS approved?

Thank you very much for all the help.

Hi iam also in the same boat and would like to know more details which service center did you apply for
I-130 and how long did it took for I-130 approval
can you provide I-130 PD and Service center you applied

Hi iam also in the same boat and would like to know more details which service center did you apply for
I-130 and how long did it took for I-130 approval
can you provide I-130 PD and Service center you applied
well i didn't take any notes and am not a well documented, but i can tell you what i remember.
Nov 1st 2010 - I sent my I-130 to Chicago, IL
Nov 5th 2010 - received
Nov 8th 2010 - Notice date
March 15th 2011 - case updated (according to the online case status check, but I don't know what was updated)
March 30th 2011 - got sms/email about my I-130 getting approved
April 4th 2011 - got notice on mail

Thanks for the prompt reply really helps! keep me updated on you N400 petition as i did applied last week only and received FP notice

I have already applied N-400.
and suppose I get citizenship on august 1st 2011.

Can I use the same approved I-130 that we filed as I was a PR and fill out her AOS?
Yes. Include a copy of your naturalization certificate or US passport with her I-485, and they'll easily realize you're a citizen and will upgrade the petition accordingly.

The I-693 medical can be done up to 12 months before filing for AOS. It can take a month to get an appointment, see the doctor, and get the results, so it would be a good idea for your wife to go for it ahead of time, so it will be ready to send with the I-485 when you complete the citizenship process.

How long is the wait time to get her green card/AOS approved?
GC through AOS based on marriage to a USC normally takes around 3-6 months these days. Your wife's AOS may be a bit quicker than average, since the I-130 is already approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
After I-130 Approval

Hi my wife I-130 was approved yesterday, so can i go ahead and start preparing her I-485 and Medicals and can i apply before i receive my USC or wait until i have my citizenship and apply for AOS.

This forum has been really helpful and thansk for all the folks for providing thier valuable inputs

Hi my wife I-130 was approved yesterday, so can i go ahead and start preparing her I-485 and Medicals and can i apply before i receive my USC or wait until i have my citizenship and apply for AOS.

This forum has been really helpful and thansk for all the folks for providing thier valuable inputs

You cannot apply for the AOS until you become a citizen since you will need to include a copy of your naturalization and/or your American passport or the priority date becomes current for your category. When do you plan to file your N-400? If you plan to do it this year, you might be able to adjust your spouse's status by the end of this year.

N-400 applied

Hi I have applied for N-400 last week and i live in WA Seattle how long would it take for the application to get approved, and can i have EAD applied for my wife before I-485

Any thoughts on EAD

The EAD application cannot be filed before the I-485. Only after or together with the I-485.

But she can go ahead with the medical right now; it can be done up to 12 months in advance of the I-485. But the results cannot be filed with USCIS before the I-485, so she'll have to hold on to the sealed envelope for a few months until you become a citizen and she becomes eligible to file the I-485.

Thanks! for the information..

Any idea on the Citizenship processing times for Seattle, WA

Also in USC interveiw would they ask any questions on US laws