I-130 'General' RFE?

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed I-130 in Oct 2003 at the VSC (my husband being the beneficiary) and yesterday I received an 'RFE' (a blue color letter ) from INS.

The RFE doesn't say anything specific as to whether or not any documents are missing. All it's asking is to submit the basic documents for I-130 application only if I didn't submit them with my original application and if I did submit them already, I may ignore the RFE

Then it gives a general list of documents
1) Marriage cert
2) 2 passport size photos of each (me and my husband)
3) My GC copy
4) Form G-325A
etc.

So, should I re-submit these documents or just ignore this RFE? Anyone received any letter like this before?

Will greatly appreciate any help/advice on this matter

Thanks

madhuri_dhar said:
Hi,

I filed I-130 in Oct 2003 at the VSC (my husband being the beneficiary) and yesterday I received an 'RFE' (a blue color letter ) from INS.

The RFE doesn't say anything specific as to whether or not any documents are missing. All it's asking is to submit the basic documents for I-130 application only if I didn't submit them with my original application and if I did submit them already, I may ignore the RFE

Then it gives a general list of documents
1) Marriage cert
2) 2 passport size photos of each (me and my husband)
3) My GC copy
4) Form G-325A
etc.

So, should I re-submit these documents or just ignore this RFE? Anyone received any letter like this before?

Will greatly appreciate any help/advice on this matter

Thanks

Not sure about a General RFE. You may want to call USCIS and check what they want because whenever they issue an RFE, its most definitely they are expecting something from you.

Thank you very much for responding.

I called their office and spoke to an officer who was very polite. He wasn't sure either as to how did I get an RFE notice without asking for any specific information. So he advised to send over all the documents again as a response to RFE

I then later made another call to their office and this time , spoke to a different person. He didnt' know either anything about such a 'genereal' RFE. He then put me on hold to talk to his mgr and then came back on line and told me that they are going to look into the matter and will send me another letter asking for any missing information and till then , i should hold off responding to this 'general' RFE.

What should I do now? Should I go by what the first officer told me (ie send all the documents again) or by the second officer (ie hold off responding)

i have received same kind of letter after i upgraded my wifes i-130 .they send me the same blue ref letter i have replied with sending all the papers they wanted ( even thoug they didn't specify anything) after that they send me another email saying they received my papers and will get back to me soon which will take less than 900 to 999 days as primary processing was already done so please let us know what u did and keep intouch

rittwalfh,

thankyou very much for your response. I responded to my RFE last month (only with a letter stating that all the supporting documents were submitted with the original application (I did not send the docs again with my RFE response) and that if they need anything specific, i can provide them the same.

I haven't heard back from them yet. Do you know usually how long does it take to hear back on an RFE. Btw, my service center is VSC. Is yours the same?

Also you mention that you received an email. I never received any email (is there even an option to give them your email address?)