I-130 Form Questions

Biola

Hello,

My fiance lives in Nigeria. I am currently completing the I-130 form online and had a few questions which I hope someone can clear for me.

I-130
1. Addresses - i entered all the addresses I have lived at including my current address with begin and end dates but the system will not allow me to enter end date of "TILL PRESENT" since it's not a date and will not allow me to leave it blank either. What should I enter here?
2. Employment history - I'm having the same issue I have with addresses with my current employment history.

I was then asked Q3 & Q4 below. I got confused because My fiance lives in Nigeria as such, I believe only Q4 below should apply so I was not sure if I should ignore Q3?
3. At which USCIS office will the beneficiary apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident? City or town? and State(shows drop down for US States only)
4. At which U.S. Embassy or Consulate location will the beneficiary apply for an immigrant visa? Country? City or Town? Province?

1 and 2, just enter date that you submit the form (unless you print and mail then you can hand write “to current”).
Correct, q3 is not applicable, just q4.

The form is using JavaScript, and you will need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader for to work properly. Once JavaScript is broken (by using other pdf programs to open and fill out the form), you cannot get it to work as intended. The End Date boxes are supposed to be auto-filled with “PRESENT.” So, leave those boxes blank and print the form, then you can hand-write “PRESENT.”

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a follow up question on the evidence submitted for the I-130. There is a request for "Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship". Do the letters have to be include a court clerk or notary public signature i.e .do you have to have the oath confirm by the courts or a notary public?

Hi everyone,

My brother submitted form I-130 online on December 9th, for my father. we haven't received any notice since then.

Is it normal if not how to you suggest me to follow up ?

Please advise.

Thank you :)

Hi everyone,

My brother submitted form I-130 online on December 9th, for my father. we haven't received any notice since then.

Is it normal if not how to you suggest me to follow up ?

Please advise.

Thank you :)
What was your form of payment? If you used G-1450 and paid with a debit/credit card, you should check your account whether or when the charge went through. If you used a personal check, you are able to do so too. However, if you sent a cashier's check, you wouldn't know when the check was cashed. Anyway, if you happen to know when they took your money, that's when your application was accepted and the notice should be sent out a few days later.

In my opinion, it's approx. 1.5 months, so it's somewhat longer than normal.