I-130 for Mother with lucrative business overseas

hollywoodfj

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I am considering filing an I-130 for my mother in the Philippines. She has a multiple entry US Visa, so she has no issues coming in and out of the United States. Is it worth filing a I-130 for her still? My concern is her businesses overseas and any US tax implications that might result from her US Permanent Resident status.

What kind of lucrative business does she own? She will need to pay taxes on her business, provided it is a legal business...lol!!!

Why does she want a green card at this time? Does she actually want a green card at this time? It doesn't seem like she wants to live primarily in the US.

Yes the business is legitimate and a legal business. She owns a multinational franchise. I believe the main benefit for her to obtain a green card would be to obtain green cards for her other three children. How long would that process take or should I just petition my siblings myself?

How old are her other 3 children? If they're under 21, they could get green cards in under a year based on recent trends (however historically it used to take 4-5 years).

But if they're 21 or older, that's going to be more like 5 years, during which she has to maintain permanent residence. If she's going to be regularly spending large amounts of time outside the US because of her business, it's likely that she would have her green card canceled before the end of those 5 years.