I-130 for brother , several problems

anna777

Registered Users (C)
Hi there, I've been looking all of the internet for information about my situation, I hope someone here will help me or guide me.

I am a US citizen and I want to send a I-130 petition for my 16 year old brother. I have all the paperwork but I noticed 2 problems in our birth certificates.

1.- My birth certificate is late registered, this was not a problem during my green card or citizenship process but I wonder if it will be here.
2.- For some reason my mom used her married name in my birth certificate and in my brother's certificate she appears with her maiden name.

I have no idea if these differences are grounds for denial, but if they are and my petition gets denied, will I hurt the chances my brother has to get a visitor's visa or a student or work visa?. My question is basically, if everything goes wrong and they deny my application will I affect him in any way?.

Thank you so much.

I really do not see how these would in themselves, cause a denial. Both can be addressed with additional documentation and/or explanation. Worst case, a DNA test would prove the sibling relationship.

I have no idea if these differences are grounds for denial