I-130 filing for spouse and child

huhu03

Registered Users (C)
Dear All;

I'm a GC holder and just married my wife (she's in China). We have a 5 yrs old daughter born in Hong Kong. I would like to file immigration for them (F2A based). Here I would like to seek you help on:

1)Do I have to fill each I-130 for my wife and daughter separately?

2)As they're in China now, so can both get interviewed in one US consular (Guangzhou), not wife interviewed in Guangzhou and daughter in Hong Kong?

Thanks.

Huhu03

1. You can do it either way. Either just file for your wife, and have the daughter be a derivative when applying for immigrant visa, or file for both of them separately. However, keep in mind that when and if you become a U.S. citizen, they will be upgraded from F2A to Immediate Relative, which cannot have derivatives. So if you filed for only your wife, then your daughter will not be able to use that to immigrate when you become a citizen; and you may have to hurriedly file another petition for your daughter if this happens.

Need help on my I-130

I filled for my wife I-130 but I discover in section C No.17 were they said list spouse and children of your relatives I went ahead to include my spouse name and her daughter as my step daughter instead of just the name of my spouse daughter. What should I do please? Leave it like that since it's still my spouse name n her daughter or send them a letter?
Thanks in advance.

Form G-325A one for peitioner (me) and one for benficiary (my wife). How to fill information under "APPLICANT" on both copy? The APPLICANT on both copy are myself or one for me and the other copy for my wife? Thanks.