I-130 file still pending on USCIS Local Field office (Spouse)

pingkon

Registered Users (C)
I filed an immigration petition I-130 on behalf of my wife on April 2008 in Vermont Service Center. VSC transferred this case to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER on January 2010 for processing. NBC transferred the file to Local Field Office On January, 2010 for additional processing. How-ever, it’s been 9 month since I have not received any decision/response from USCIS Field office. According to USCIS.gov (VSC) Permanent resident filling for a spouse I-130 Processing Time is 5-6 month. This case has been pending for 29 months (almost two and half years) since the filing date. Any suggestion? Please ….

I am Permanent resident; I check current Priority date on Visa Bulletin 2010 April. I field April 2008; Why USCIS processing time take longer than NVC

I filed an immigration petition I-130 on behalf of my wife on April 2008 in Vermont Service Center. VSC transferred this case to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER on January 2010 for processing. NBC transferred the file to Local Field Office On January, 2010 for additional processing. How-ever, it’s been 9 month since I have not received any decision/response from USCIS Field office. According to USCIS.gov (VSC) Permanent resident filling for a spouse I-130 Processing Time is 5-6 month. This case has been pending for 29 months (almost two and half years) since the filing date. Any suggestion? Please ….

Take infopass with local field office and they will tell you exact status. You can then say that your date is current.

My brother he is Green Card holder. he just aply 4 month agoo for his wife. he got approval and to now NVC proscesing for Visa. I aply 29 month ago why still pending ?

My wife is not in USA. she never came usa. why NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER transfered file to local office ? If I Take infopass with local field office "Do I need to tale lawyer" Please advice me..... I have been waiting for long time

My wife is not in USA. she never came usa. why NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER transfered file to local office ? If I Take infopass with local field office "Do I need to tale lawyer" Please advice me..... I have been waiting for long time

No. You don't have to bring a lawyer with you. I did infopass with local field office 5 times, two times with a lawyer, three times without a lawyer, it seemed bringing a lawyer with you really didn't mean anything. Just go by yourself. Another way to get your case status is to call USCIS 1-800 number (costomer service center) and tell them the case is in local field office, they will do a service request inquiring your case status. this way you can get a written statement about your case. Some times the immigration officers at the infopass windows are not really helpful. I had to do both way.