I-130 Experiences/Help

Ap Rfe

I am really sorry for you. My wife and I have been married for 4 year (still one less than you guys) no kids, but she is in her country that women have no rights what so ever and it is not a good situation. I am hopeing this processings will be over soon and we can join our families.
Have you read anything in a new website? I am still searching.

Hi Guys,
I am a quite reader now i need sugestion online status says RFE on AP, can some one know what kind of RFE is that,

RFE,

On November 20, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

Thanks

Hi Guys,
I am a quite reader now i need sugestion online status says RFE on AP, can some one know what kind of RFE is that,

RFE,

On November 20, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service

Thanks

They will tell you what it is when you get the letter. What did you send in?
For my husband's I-130, i sent in
Fee
I-130 Application
G325A for me plus picture
G325A for him pluss picture
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of both our birth Certificates
Brith Certificates of Both his children
Birth Certificate of our child together
Also an additonal evidence section that included:
Copies of pictures of us
Engagemnt invitation
Copies of online phone cards bought.

DIdidn't need to send all this but did anyway, i fugured too much evidence is better than too little.
Also, now you have to include a statement to the affect that all documents are copies of ofriginal and you are willing to submit original documents to officer if required an sign it. I included it in a cover letter. :)

Based on my knowledge:
1) From what I have seen and heard, it will take about 6 to seven months from the day you send all the req. apps. but it varies in different cases.
2) You need your Naturalization Certificate to start either I-129F or I-130.
BUT, if you are already married, you can apply I-130 based on your Green Card and when you got your citizenship send them a copy of your Naturalization Certificate.
This is what I have done.
If you can explain your case a little more, then we can talk about it.

Thank you

Beautiful can't be better than this.
I wish I could have brought my wife 4 years ago when we got married.
What else you want.
Make sure in her interview, she doesn't talk about this kind of plans and the rest. She is just coming here for pleasure. That is it!

Here's more on my case: I am single and I do not yet know when I will get married. I do not want to do anything illegal. Do you see anything wrong with the following scenario:

1. My fiancee wishes to see her friends in the USA and visit the Niagara falls. She will apply for a visitors visa (hopefully it will be approved).
2. Conduct a religious ceremony outside the USA but do not register the marriage.
3. Fiancee enters USA on a visitors visa.
4. I become a US citizen.
5. We get married and register our marriage.
6. I-130 process is initiated.
7. Fiancee returns to her home country after her visit to the USA is complete.
8. I-30 process is complete and wife enters USA as a LPR.

This seems alright except you have to hope that all the processing dates coincide with your plans. She may get a visitor visa and still be here while you become a citizen or not, it depends on how long a visa stay she gets. Have you applied for naturalization? If you are eligible I would do that now, I am sure you know of all the delays regarding N400. You can also marry before you become a citizen and apply for the I-130 and upgrade it once you become naturalized. After that if your now wife is still here you can apply for ajustment of status or do Consular Processing from her country of orgin. You should read through those two boards on this forum because I think Ajustment of Status has several requirements and strict guidelines.

This seems alright except you have to hope that all the processing dates coincide with your plans. She may get a visitor visa and still be here while you become a citizen or not, it depends on how long a visa stay she gets. Have you applied for naturalization? If you are eligible I would do that now, I am sure you know of all the delays regarding N400. You can also marry before you become a citizen and apply for the I-130 and upgrade it once you become naturalized. After that if your now wife is still here you can apply for ajustment of status or do Consular Processing from her country of orgin. You should read through those two boards on this forum because I think Ajustment of Status has several requirements and strict guidelines.

I do have an N-400 in the queue right now. I am awaiting my fingerprinting notice. I am new to the I-130/spouse thing and I will go through the forums you are suggesting but if you have any links that summarize the options, processes and timelines, please post here. Thanks.

Beautiful can't be better than this.
I wish I could have brought my wife 4 years ago when we got married.
What else you want.
Make sure in her interview, she doesn't talk about this kind of plans and the rest. She is just coming here for pleasure. That is it!

Thanks! I wish things go well for you. With your check cashed, they already seem to be going well - I had to wait a good 75+ days for the check to be cashed!

buzz.
If my I-130 get approved and what is next to bring my wife here? Do I have to contact NVC? ot USCIS will do?
Anybody any answers? much appreciated

Hi Everyone, been reading the thread and this is really informative for me. My LPR husband will file his petition for me on May '08, which is his 4th year stay in the US. He will visit me this coming January '08 and will take many pictures together so in case the consular will ask for it we can show them a lot. Also, my worry now is I dont really keep my phone cards as well as he. We both use yahoo messenger coz we can actually talk from there. Although i kept all the western union receipts that showed that my husband is sending money and I am now using his lat name. Do you think that's enough?

We got married here in the Philippines last 2006, after 1 year of his stay in the US. He is petitioned by his parents so he is single when he got there in the US, but then after a year we decided to get married that's why he came back. His 4 year stay there in the US is like hell for me, i last saw him two years ago after marriage. Technically this January will be his second visit after he migrated in the US.

I also have pending petition from my dad, a USC, since 1999 and obviuosly I was still single then. Now, I am just hoping for the best and whichever goes first. My USC dad did not inform the US Immigration that I am now married because we think that it is faster to be an F1 (daughter of USC) than being an F3 (married daughter of USC).

What you guys think?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. My citizenship interviews is scheduled for 1/10/08. My wife is in India, Never been to US. What is the fastest way to bring her?. My understanding is that we need I-130 recipt number for filing I-129 (k3). Considering the I-130 recipting delays, is it ok to file I-130 as LPR and get the recipt number befor the oath and file I-129 (K3) on the oath date and status change the I-130 from LPR to Citizen.

Also, does anyone has format format for Sworn Affadavit about our marriage.

Any advice?

I dont have the format. But you should have filed I-130 as a PR and then when you got you NC, you could upgrade and then apply for your I-129F.

I have a question. My citizenship interviews is scheduled for 1/10/08. My wife is in India, Never been to US. What is the fastest way to bring her?. My understanding is that we need I-130 recipt number for filing I-129 (k3). Considering the I-130 recipting delays, is it ok to file I-130 as LPR and get the recipt number befor the oath and file I-129 (K3) on the oath date and status change the I-130 from LPR to Citizen.

Also, does anyone has format format for Sworn Affadavit about our marriage.

Any advice?

If i were you, i would file the I-130 now. With the Receipting delays, it is not wise to wait any longer. I also heard that I-129f is takign about the same time as I-130. Good luck to you. :)

But I think it doesn't hurt to apply for both of them at the same time since you don't have to pay an extra money for I-129F (If I am correct) because it says on the form instruction.
Whichever got approved first

I didn't have time to check but I think there is a filing fee for the I 129F and they are being processed at about the same time in CA. You may want to consult with an immigration attorney to see what their experience has been with processing times. It should be a basic question that shouldn't cost...
I filed my husband's I 130 with an attorney in SF, Christine Brigagliano, she has been great in every way. I would also file the I 130 now but again ask this question to an attorney because there may be some benefits to waiting that we do not know. Best of luck!

Thank you for the help. Since we are married for less than an year. Looks like I need to two give two sworn in affidavits about our marriage. Can be people be from her home country India. There we have people who have known both of us as married couple.

Also, I can include the phone cards detailed dialing, showing her number.

Who should sign the G-325A form of the spouse ( currently in India). It's says applicant, In this case applicant is me.?

Nimche

I don't think you can apply both at the same time. because, I-129F requires recipt number (copy of I-130 recipt). Want to file now, so that hopefully before the date of oath, after oath, I can file for her 129f (k3) and upgrade I-130 ( I am ok with I-130 getting delayed a bit for the upgrade)

Thanks