I-130 denied

NY2NY

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I waited so long to hear the above news, I just received automated message/notification about the case has been updated and I found they denied my parents I-130 forms, I don't know the exact reason and will not be able to find it till I wait for next 15 days to receive the letter in the mail, but this news shattered me completely.

Would like to know what are my options left now?

Hello,
I waited so long to hear the above news, I just received automated message/notification about the case has been updated and I found they denied my parents I-130 forms, I don't know the exact reason and will not be able to find it till I wait for next 15 days to receive the letter in the mail, but this news shattered me completely.

Would like to know what are my options left now?

Did you get any RFE? before the denial message? you should have got the letter by now? What exactly is the reason?

Did you get any RFE? before the denial message? you should have got the letter by now? What exactly is the reason?

Yes I did get RFE, provide birth certificate, marriage certificate and relationship of me as their son, I provided NAC for each one of them and NAC of my birth certificate which includes their name as my parents. May be that was not enough for them to approve.

I am still waiting to receive letter it would be next week at the earliest.

Yes I did get RFE, provide birth certificate, marriage certificate and relationship of me as their son, I provided NAC for each one of them and NAC of my birth certificate which includes their name as my parents. May be that was not enough for them to approve.

I am still waiting to receive letter it would be next week at the earliest.

What i suggest is-
If your parents dont have B Certificate, Get 2 affidavits from 2 people older that them stating that they know your parents and thir DOB is 11/11/11.(sample). And also get non availability of Birth certificate letter from the local municipality, back home.
Get affidavit of ther marriage by 2 people who kow your parents, same as DOB affidavit.

To prove you are his child, Send them the 10th class marks card, your high school degree certificate, which should your dad's name and your name.
Send them your family rashen card, it shold have all the house hold members name.
You joint back statement , or differnt bank letters for all of you comming to one common address back home, which proves that you all live in same house hold.
Any old photographs.
All these should be good enough. I am telling you all this out of my own personal experience.
look at the denial letter, they might have give you an option to appeal.
good luck

What i suggest is-
All these should be good enough. I am telling you all this out of my own personal experience.
good luck

Thank you so much bigbull99, that is very helpful. It took lot of pain for me to convince my dad and also for him to get the NAC's I hope I can ask him more. I will try my best.

My question, will I be able to bring them on Visitor's visa any time in future or will it create a problem?

Thanks

Thank you so much bigbull99, that is very helpful. It took lot of pain for me to convince my dad and also for him to get the NAC's I hope I can ask him more. I will try my best.

My question, will I be able to bring them on Visitor's visa any time in future or will it create a problem?

Thanks

well, at this point it would be risky to bring them as a visitor, when they apply for a visitor visa, they can find out that they already applied for Immegrant visa. So they would deny the visiting visa.
If they get it by chance, and you apply for AOS , they would question them at the interview that he applied for immegrant visa and it got denied, and he is applying for AOS, they entered with an intent to immegrate, so dont do it. they might get deied again.
Try to re apply again and send all the required documents. they shoud be fine.

What i suggest is-
To prove you are his child, Send them the 10th class marks card, your high school degree certificate, which should your dad's name and your name.
Send them your family rashen card, it shold have all the house hold members name.
You joint back statement , or differnt bank letters for all of you comming to one common address back home, which proves that you all live in same house hold.
Any old photographs.
look at the denial letter, they might have give you an option to appeal.
good luck

I did receive the denial letter, they stated that evidence provided for child parent relation is not enough, so if I provide any one of the above mentioned documents, will it be good enough to appeal or should I be resen ding all the documents?

Please let me know, the count down begins, I didn't check but what is the fee for appeal?

Thanks

I did receive the denial letter, they stated that evidence provided for child parent relation is not enough, so if I provide any one of the above mentioned documents, will it be good enough to appeal or should I be resen ding all the documents?

Please let me know, the count down begins, I didn't check but what is the fee for appeal?

Thanks

Does the denial letter give an option for re appeal? If so send the above documents you should be good.
If not you might need to start over .

Thanks

Exactly what did you provide to establish child parent relationship? birth NAC alone is not enough, you will need affidavits from relatives and other supporting documents issued during your childhood (school records, medical records, voter registration, your name in theur passports, their empoyment records, etc.)

Exactly what did you provide to establish child parent relationship? birth NAC alone is not enough, you will need affidavits from relatives and other supporting documents issued during your childhood (school records, medical records, voter registration, your name in theur passports, their empoyment records, etc.)

Thanks nkm-Oct23. I will try to get one of your listed document, but not sure, if they have my name in any of their documents.

In expired Indian passport, I have my parents name, will that document will be good enough to produce?

Good to know, you are still active in this forum.

Thanks
NY2NY

Thanks nkm-Oct23. I will try to get one of your listed document, but not sure, if they have my name in any of their documents.

In expired Indian passport, I have my parents name, will that document will be good enough to produce?

Good to know, you are still active in this forum.

Thanks
NY2NY

You might have you old school records, your parents if employed will have employment records listing family members names, your parents had a "ration card" with childrens' names. Documents you produce should be as far back in time as possible - older the better. passport might work provided you have at least one more older document.

For my mom I submitted my old school records, my fathers' employment record and his pension documents where I was listed as the child.

Thanks

Do they mention anything about the DNA option? If you are able to do it, I will suggest you to take this path. Just a thought...

Yes they gave the option to appeal after filling the form 29 pink in color, I forgot the abbrevation before that. What is the fee?

Thanks

Good, get the documents, Your old passport with your parents name should be one of the poofs you can submit. If you went to school in india, your dads name will be on you 10th, Intermediat, certificate.That should be good. Rashen card, old bank statement for you and you parents comming to the same address. they need not be joint. as long as they come to the same address, Last is the DNA option.
USCIS want s to see documents having old dates of issue, they dont prefer documents got just resently, or got for the purposs of GC for parents