I-130 Check Bounced! Help!

Nightkd

Registered Users (C)
We sent all our forms off, along with checks for them. The check for the I-130 ($355) was taken, then due to a c*ck up by my bank and then my hubby's bank, the amount was returned because the check bounced.

We now have more than enough in the account (did a few hours after the check was returned) to cover the check. What do we do? Will this cause any problems?

ETA: The big $1010 went through fine, it was just the $355... So they can at least see it's a genuine account. Just not sure what steps to take now? Do we wait to hear from them or get in contact ourselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. We've already received the NOA for the I-130, will this make a difference? I suppose I'm just worried they won't notice or something!! =/

Thanks. We've already received the NOA for the I-130, will this make a difference? I suppose I'm just worried they won't notice or something!! =/

USCIS has perfected taking your money. Be rest assured, they won't process anything that you have not paid for...a notice of action with insufficient fees is on its way...:D

If they dont try again and ask you to send money.. send a money order next time.

We sent all our forms off, along with checks for them. The check for the I-130 ($355) was taken, then due to a c*ck up by my bank and then my hubby's bank, the amount was returned because the check bounced.

We now have more than enough in the account (did a few hours after the check was returned) to cover the check. What do we do? Will this cause any problems?

ETA: The big $1010 went through fine, it was just the $355... So they can at least see it's a genuine account. Just not sure what steps to take now? Do we wait to hear from them or get in contact ourselves?