I-130 Approved, what's next? Help!!

lala5

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My father is a Naturalized US Citizen. I'm an unmarried 18 years old. He filled the I-130 (January 2005), and was recently approved (Sept. 06).

I'm so confused about what to do next. Please, I need someone's advise. I've checked the USCIS.GOV website but I couldn't find the next steps.

Thanks.

lala5 said:
Hello,

My father is a Naturalized US Citizen. I'm an unmarried 18 years old. He filled the I-130 (January 2005), and was recently approved (Sept. 06).

I'm so confused about what to do next. Please, I need someone's advise. I've checked the USCIS.GOV website but I couldn't find the next steps.

Thanks.
Are you in United States?

Thanks for the info,

Well, my father was the one who filed it for me. I didn't have any idea of the documents that needed to be sent. Since he was forced by a court to file for me, I thought that he was going to do everything that needed to be done.
I have just found out what else he should've sent.

I'm not sure why the I-130 took so long... could it be because I came here illegally?

Is it faster if the forms are sent to Chicago?

Thanks.

Since I came here illegaly, and I'm still undocumented do I need to file I-485 Supplement A and pay the $1,000 fine?

Which its purpose is: "To provide supplemental information to USCIS on persons seeking to adjust status under the provisions of section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

Thanks.

lala5 said:
Since I came here illegaly, and I'm still undocumented do I need to file I-485 Supplement A and pay the $1,000 fine?

Which its purpose is: "To provide supplemental information to USCIS on persons seeking to adjust status under the provisions of section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act."

Thanks.
You mean you entered the country without inspection? I'm surprised they approved the petition...
The petition was filed in 2005, therefore you can't use section 245(i).
Read about it here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdi245i.htm#eligible.

So, I can't do anything even though my father is a naturalized US citizen? and I'm eligible under I-360?

Thanks.

They can approved the petition even the person is illegaly here, but the person is not eligible to apply for benefits (permanent resident, EAD, etc).

The petition that is approved is his father petition not his. So the only thing that they approved is that they recognized that his father is his father and can petition in his behalf. That's it. There is nothing on the I-130 that states something about how should be the immigration status of the beneficiary...instead the I-485 is the stop because is the only way that the immigrant has to move forward.

That depends which category you could be, which I really don't see many that can apply to you...are you a juvenile under foster care?

Woo Woo...wait a minute, "Without inspection"? does that mean if you put down No, that means you crossed the border Illegally? cause I put down No and I crossed Legally (USCIS Number told me to put no if a Customer officer didn't check through the car).

I hope I didn't get bad advice.

It was just without inspection....

So, you came here legally and was not inspected? Through the border? :confused:

please Help me im very confused

Dear fallows my case i-824 has been approved so i am very happy MY QUESTION IS AFTER HOW MUCH TIME I RECEIVED PACkeT 3 OR I RECEIVED IT IN USA OR IN MY NATIV COUNTRY AND MY OTHER NEXT QUESTION IS IF I-130 HAS BEEN APPROVED AFTER HOW MOUCh tIME TAKE THIS CASE AND WHEN MY BROTHER RECEIVED PACKET 3 AND MY I-130 WAS APPROVED ON 1st WEEK OF JUNE ,2005 and what is in packet 3 and packet 3.5