I-130 approved, still waiting on I-485 approval...input please!

ateganda29

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone!

my husband and i went for our interview with our lawyer on october 12 at baltimore. our interview lasted for about 30 minutes. our IO was typing in the information as we go along our interview that made it last longer. i couldn't see the screen but my husband said that he was inputting the information he had in front of him (our pertinent information). my husband guessed that those information will be submitted for processing already. anyway, after the interview, the IO said that he couldn't make the decision because his supervisor needs to go over the documents first but everything looks good from this point. our lawyer asked about the name check. the IO said that name check looks good (which our lawyer interpreted that name check is back and is cleared) but we just need to be patient and we'll get the notification in the mail. it's been almost 3 weeks since our interview and we still have not heard anything about my husband's I-485. i received an email from USCIS stating that my I-130 application has been approved the day after our interview.

does anybody know what could be holding the process if the name check is actually cleared? we never received any RFEs or anything and we submitted all necessary documents with our application. for anybody who has gone through the interview, how long did you guys have to wait before getting the approval of your I-130 and I-485. any insights on my situation? thank you so much in advance.

anybody has insight on my situation? either based on knowledge or experience is welcomed. thanks again!

hello everybody. i hope somebody can help me or at least share their experiences and insights on my situation. it's been over a month since our interview for AOS, received EAD card, received I-130 approval letter, but no word on I-485 application yet. my lawyer stopped by at the baltimore office last week and followed up on my case. the person looked up our file and told my lawyer that they don't have an approval yet. "though it looks like an approval so it shouldn't take any longer." it's been almost a week since then and i haven't heard anything. did anyone not get an approval after the interview? or at least was unclear? if so, how long did it take until you received your welcome letter/GC? thanks in advance.

Join the club. I'm almost 5 weeks since "You're Approved" at interview, and the only thing I've got is a LUD on Saturday. No I-130 approval here or any letters however.

Killing us softly ...

I had my I-485 filed in Sept. 2004 at the Vermont Service Ctr. (DO - NY), Interview in Dec. 2004. I-130 Approved on Nov 2006. No news of I-485 as of yet! But my case might be an odd ball one!

Feels like the USCIS is killing us softly ...

Good luck.

hello everyone! just giving an update. we received an email on friday, 11/24/06, telling us that his welcome letter has been mailed and they have ordered his GC. it was really great news. so excited. can't wait to receive the letter and his actual GC. i have a quick question though: on the email, it said there that we will receive his GC from the time they registered him as a permanent resident or after we've completed any ADIT that is stated on the welcome letter. what does that mean? what's an ADIT? additional information like RFEs? can someone who has received a welcome letter tell me what's on it? heehee. thanks so much!

Congrats. I've has two "LUDs" in the last 3 days so I'm hopeful I'll be getting an email from USCIS soon too. The bit about ADIT processing is part of the new standard text they use. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much.

thanks dr_lha for the words of encouragement. i do hope we'll receive the welcome letter and his GC soon. and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well. we sort of have a similar timeline -- at least for the interview part. we were interviewed on 10/12/06. however, after our interview, we didn't get any definite answer about approval. we were told that we will receive a notice in the mail for their decision. so as you can see, we've been in limbo since then not knowing what's the outcome of the process. although they did approve my I-130 the day after the interview. that's why i'm so excited about this welcome letter and hopefully the GC. thanks again!

Update: I just got the "Welcome Letter" email too. Yay! :D

I've never recieved any approval of the I-130 however. It still on the website is listed as untouched since September 9th.

woohoo! congratulations. i'm sure you're excited as i am. let's update each other on this thread regarding the progress of our applications. hopefully we both will receive the actual welcome letter in the mail soon and we'll get our GCs in the mail shortly after. thanks!