I-130 approved ,Now what is next step

Tell what? Not very much information there. The knowledgeable people on thisboard might be able to help if you could be more specific.

opps sorry my bad.........
Now as i-130 is approved when i have to file i-485 and what other forms need to be filled.

I can't be much help I think. My case was filing for my wife. Filed the I-130, I-485, I-131, EAD and affidavit of support together. But she was here on a B1/B2.

meek1234 said:
opps sorry my bad.........
Now as i-130 is approved when i have to file i-485 and what other forms need to be filled.

You have to wait till your priority date is current per the visa bulletin to file I485 package. Info on forms is on USCIS.goc website and on first page of "AOS timeline" sticky thread in this forum.

If your wife becomes a citizen before your priority date is current, she can upgrade the petition and you can file I485 rightaway.

Hello Visaapplicant..!

Looking @ your date lines of the file; your file went to India already. Can you tell me r u a citizen..?? If yes, did u upgrade your petition..???

sbkp2006 said:
Hello Visaapplicant..!

Looking @ your date lines of the file; your file went to India already. Can you tell me r u a citizen..?? If yes, did u upgrade your petition..???

sbkp2006,
Yes, I am a citizen. Only citizens can file petition for parents. So petitions were filed when I was a citizen.

Are you doing consular processing from India?

Actually, my petition filed from US for my spouse NVC processed the case. After approving the file they have sent the file to Indian Embassay, now when I called them they're saying I have to deal with Mumbai Embassay. And that's what I will be doing. But very eager to know how long does it takes..!!

No one have yet gave me any satisfing reply. So when I show your date lines I thought it could be IR-1 case. But I think your is counsider CR-1..?? I am not sure...!
Still let me know how is the file processing goes for your parents.
thanks Visaapplicant..!!

sbkp2006 said:
Actually, my petition filed from US for my spouse NVC processed the case. After approving the file they have sent the file to Indian Embassay, now when I called them they're saying I have to deal with Mumbai Embassay. And that's what I will be doing. But very eager to know how long does it takes..!!

No one have yet gave me any satisfing reply. So when I show your date lines I thought it could be IR-1 case. But I think your is counsider CR-1..?? I am not sure...!
Still let me know how is the file processing goes for your parents.
thanks Visaapplicant..!!

sbkp2006,

Parents is IR-5 case. For IR and CR cases, visa numbers are immediately available and it is my understanding that consulate should schedule interview as soon as possible, usually, within 2-3 months of transfer of case to consulate.

Mumbai has not posted February appointment schedule yet. Hopefully my parents will get interview in Feb.

When was your case transferred to Mumbai?