I-130 Approved for Mom - How long more?

rtk

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen and applied for a GC for my mom. I-130 for her just got approved by VSC. She lives in Calcutta. I am going thru Consular processing for her. How long now before she will get an interview? Anyone with recent timeframe for similar case? Will she have to goto Mumbai for the interview?

Thanks all.

My husband is going to file I-130 for his father. Would you please kindly tell us how long it takes to get approved for I-130?

Thank you very much in advance!

Question

rtk said:
I am a US citizen and applied for a GC for my mom. I-130 for her just got approved by VSC. She lives in Calcutta. I am going thru Consular processing for her. How long now before she will get an interview? Anyone with recent timeframe for similar case? Will she have to goto Mumbai for the interview?

Thanks all.

I am in the same position as you are, and was wondering after the I-130 approval, has she received anything from the Consulate yet or not.

Thanks.

I am in the same boat, I am USC and I filed I-130 for both of my parents and received a mail from USCIS stating approval for my file on FEB-7th that my petition is approved on FEB-1 and has been forwarded to NVC. However the USCIS online system still shows its pending for approval!! (its more then a month now). When I called USCIS today(7th MAR 2005) they said the system takes time to update .

I called NVC and the approved case is still not received. Is there anyone who's case was approved in JAN/FEB and received the NVC correspondence?

I have detailed my experience in below thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=164916

Regards
Kan

Last edited by a moderator: