I-130 and G-325A (How to) Questions

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I am a GC holder since 3/2002. My wife is on H1B for the past 1.5 years.

I am filing for her I-130 and G-325A and have a few questions -

For G-325A: 1 set for GC HOLDER and 1 set for RELATIVE has to be filled out.

1). In G-325A form - "This form is submitted in connection with Application for (a) Naturalization (b) Status as Permanent Resident (c) Other(Specify)
So, for both GC HOLDER and RELATIVE forms - is it (b) or (c).

2). In G-325A form for GC HOLDER - in the heavy Border Box what is the Alien Registration Number.

3). In G-325A form for RELATIVE - in the heavy Border Box what is the Alien Registration Number.

4). In G-325A form for GC HOLDER - what is the File Number A-.

5). In G-325A form for RELATIVE - what is the File Number A-.

In the I-130 form: Question 22
Though my wife is in the US, does she have to adjust status in the US, or can she go to American Consulate in India.

I understand that if I put San Francisco, CA then we go with the I 485 after the I-130, but if I put New Delhi, India, then after the I-130 what form do we file for, for her to go to New Delhi.

Thank you.

Your wife should be applying for Adjustment of Status (AOS). Fill up the I-485 packet which includes I-130, G325-A (for you and her), I-485, I-864, I-131, I-765. This is what you nedd to file since she is already in the US. She doesn't need to go back to India.

Now for your Q's...

1. If you will file for AOS then tick the box Status as PR otherwise tick Other (Specify)

2. Your A# on your GC

3. None

4. Same answer as #2

5. Same answer as #3

Hope that helps.