I-130 and F2(B) related questions

emonadhikary

Registered Users (C)
My date of birth is Sep 1983.

My uncle petitioned my parents along with me on 1993(F-4). We got a priority date of May 1993. We waited for 10.11 yrs{nov2003} for DS-230 form. My name was there and we filled those forms and sent those to NVC. But after waiting another 1 year(Feb 2005) the interview letter came frm the local embassy and my name was not there(cause i was +21).

Now my parents is in USA, they got their Legal permanent resident card.

Now my mom applied for me through a I-130 form on June 2,2006 along with my DS-230 paper and they sent her a receipt on June 8,2006.

Please read this topic below and pls help me with my questions:
In all cases, where applicable, aged-out children would convert to the F-2B category for unmarried sons and daughters of permanent residents with a retention of the parent's priority date. This would mean that in many cases involving extended waiting times for parents, the aged out children should be able to save years in immigrating to this country. For example, in the case of parents immigrating in 2018 on the basis of a fourth preference sibling petition with a 2002 priority date where the child was 15 years of age at the time for that petition was filed, the aged out child should be able to use the 2002 priority date for an automatically converted petition to the F-2B category in 2018. As the priority date under the F-2B category would most likely be current for visa issuance, the speed of immigration would depend upon the mechanism used by BCIS/DOS to effect the automatic conversion. In a regular conversion case today where a parent previously petitioned for his or her spouse and the child was a derivative beneficiary who aged out in the process, the law requires the petitioner to file a new I-130 petition to retain the old priority date16. In this case, a mechanism would have to be devised without the necessity of a further petition because of the automatic conversion provision.

A.Is my priority date will be May 1993?

B.Will i have to wait for another 10+ years cause the present(oct 2006) priority date is Jan 1997?

C.What are the other information/papers my mom have 2 send to the service centre to use the previous priority date?
D. If not, how long it will take to get a interview date

Its a waiting GAME

I think i have to wait another 4 months; cause vermont service centre is prossesing the Reciepte date(RD) of 12 feb 2006........where mine is june 6 2006. Let see if this turns out right......then according to the ACT 2002 the visa will be available within one year. If anybody has some level of idea in this case.......your help/information will be highly appreciable. :) :)

Some information abot child age out

I dont know why didnt i get any response. But i got help from these two files below. These two help me to know about my status.........so im posting these. If anybody has problem with F2b these 2 files are very helpful. Still i need some help with my questions. :confused:

F2B is it worth it?

First of all thanks for your time.

My parents are permanent residents for 2 years now.
I am 28 years old, single, never married male.

If my parents apply for F2B what is a typical waiting period? If it is more than 4 years should I wait and apply for green card after they become citizens?

hng123 said:
First of all thanks for your time.

My parents are permanent residents for 2 years now.
I am 28 years old, single, never married male.

If my parents apply for F2B what is a typical waiting period? If it is more than 4 years should I wait and apply for green card after they become citizens?

Typical waiting period is about 7 years.

You should have your parent filed the I-130 (F2B) for you ASAP - it'll be able to change to F1 when your parent becomes citizen and you can use the 2006 priority date. However if you parent doesn't file the I-130 until s/he becomes citizen, then the priority date would be xx 2009/2010 (depends on how soon your parent gets citizenship) and you'll have to wait much longer.