I-129F AND I130 Approved same day.... whats my next step?

Dootson A

Registered Users (C)
so we applied in April 2011 they have both just been approved today i think it is because we wrote to the senator an he then spoke to them.

what do i need to do now?

any help is massively appreciated

Hi Dootson A,
Using the Form I-129F you can apply for K-1 visa and I-130 petition is for visa in US. After the visa is issued the alien can enter US but should get married within 90 days from the date of arrival. Once the wedding is over the alien is given the conditional resident status which is valid for two years. 90 days prior to the conditional status expiry Form I-485 should to filed to adjust the status from conditional to permanent resident status (green card) for the alien with proof that the marriage is still intact. If the wedding happens outside US and before alien enters US then US citizen should file for K-3 spouse visa for the alien to enter US and rest of the process should be done.Good luck!

hi Nancy

thanks for your reply...

I should of been more specific, I was in the US last year back an forth on the ESTA (visa waiver) we got married in the US on the 1st May 2010 and I left the US this year on the 16th Feb this is after I had been back an forth maybe 3 times that year.

So i left the US so we could apply for my visa's legally, we applied for an 1-130 and I-129f and they were both approved about 10 days ago now, both myself an my wife and our laywer have recieved confirmation of the approvals an they are currently being transfered to the US consulate in London as far as I am aware but I am still yet to hear from them on what we need to do next.

I've heard rumours that K3 visa's are now being processed as IR1 visa which would grant me residency as I enter the US on this visa meaning I wouldnt have to Alter my status when I am there.... can you tell me if this is correct? also can you give me any time frame from when the time my approvals were sent to the time i can re enter on either my K3 or 1-130?

Most people who wish to help their fiance(e) immigrate to US have a doubt on what form to file, whether K1 visa or Form I 130. It depends on the the length of the relationship, the supporting evidence, the number of times the sponsor or the petitioner has physically met their fiance(e), are few of the considerations to file the appropriate form.

Only the citizens of the US may file a K1 visa for a fiance(e). If you are a legal permanent resident you may then have to file Form I 130 to petition your spouse.