HYPOTHESIS: Only non-concurrent I-140 petitions being approved

brigand

Registered Users (C)
I may be wrong, but wanted to check if this hypothesis is true:

--> Only non-concurrent I-140 applications are being approved.

--> If you have filed concurrently, and you received a Fp notice, your case is eligible for concurrent adjudication, hence the I-140 is not approved as yet (since I-485 adjudication is underway)

--> If you have NOT file concurrently or have NOT received FP notice, your case is more likely to be approved

Please validate my understanding.

My details are:

I-140/I-485
RD: 04/28/03
ND: 05/08/2003
FP: 03/../04

Hmm.. good analysis.. not sure if thats the case.

But I filed concurrently last year May 2003 and so far I got only FP notice. I am not sure how are they are processing concurrent fillings. I would be interested in this hypothsesis :)

My details are:

I-140/I-485 (EB3)
ND: 05/15/2003
FP: 03/03/04

you may be right. My I-140 RD is 03/12/03 and still waiting for its approval. I know I485 will take few more years.:eek:

Not True

Mine is concurrently filed but only 140/485 (EAD/AP applied much later), both 140/485 (EB3) have a receipt date of 06/26/2003 (EAC03-198-XXXXX) and 140 was approved last week. No RFE, No FP so far.

Re: Not True

Originally posted by want2knowmore
Mine is concurrently filed but only 140/485 (EAD/AP applied much later), both 140/485 (EB3) have a receipt date of 06/26/2003 (EAC03-198-XXXXX) and 140 was approved last week. No RFE, No FP so far.

But u havent received FP so far...so my hypothesis is still valid

Brigand,
your brain only works for exact sciences! this isn't it. :)
I would agree with point #2 but since there is a counter example already... I have stopped thinking that there is any logic to this process. I am at 23 months + 21 days of waiting for my I-140 (05/31/2002). It was last touched on 12/17/02 (right after i filed my I-485). My I-485 ND is 11/19/02. My FP notice is 02/12/03 (my I-485 was last touched 02/17/03, right after my Fingerprinting). I got this info via a customer account I created 2 days ago. I encourage everyone to do so, so we can get a better picture (what an irony!) of this whole process.
My boss started a case status referral 2 weeks ago.
MZGH
Originally posted by brigand
dammit

I think all concurrently filed EB2 RIR cases, filed after Jan 2003, that have received FP notices, are NOT being approved. They will receive concurrent approvals for 140/485

All other cases are being processed as normal...

The above hypothesis is still valid

I agree

however, cant quite say if it is wishful thinking on my end or analysis. Will find out either way.

good luck to all.

Here's what Im presuming is going on at BCIS (only for EB2):

Imagine a pile of 485 applications arranged in chronological order. Team A is working on the adjudications for this

Imagine another pile of 140 applications and TEAM B adjudicating these.

Fujie says " Create a NEW pile of applications that are concurrently filed 140/485 applications and arrange them in chronological order". Create a NEW team - TEAM C (most likely created on Jan 1st), to start concurrently adjudicating these from April 30th onwards.

Fujie also says "Okay Team A and B, complete the outstanding adjudications as quickly as possible, because in year or so, Im going to dismantle your team, and transfer you to TEAM C."

Here's some history

Very few 140 approvals in Nov Dec 2003

Flurry of 140 approvals from Jan Onwards

Flurry of FP notices from Jan onwards

Folks getting FP notices arent getting 140 approvals

More earthly explanation

Brigand

In your example of teams, team C is being formed now and will start work on April 30th, as per Fujie's memo. Team A and Team B will never be dismantled, though some members will be transfered to team C.

I140 approvals really picked up in late Feb when the H1B quota was reached. The officers working on H1B became free and were allocated to I140 processing. Most H1B's are filed with premium processing fee, CIS was obligated to process them faster and hence I140 sufferered before that.

I hope your FP theory is correct.

brigand

why do you say EB2 only?

what is status of concurrent 140/485 applications filed in 2003 with 140 approved? can we expect 485 adjucation soon??

i think they have stopped issuing FP notices because once you issue FP and if I-140 is approved as per the new memo the 485 should be approved...

Re: brigand

Originally posted by PHSESAaug
why do you say EB2 only?

what is status of concurrent 140/485 applications filed in 2003 with 140 approved? can we expect 485 adjucation soon??

i think they have stopped issuing FP notices because once you issue FP and if I-140 is approved as per the new memo the 485 should be approved...

This could be valid for EB3 too...but Im watching only for EB2 (since Im EB2)

Actually, I wasnt clear in my prev message.

What Fujie would have said is "Pull out all the concurrently filed 140/485 cases from the existing 140 pile and 485 pile and create a NEW pile with only concurrent applications."

Then Fujie says "Make all the applications in the NEW pile adjudication-ready (issue FPs). After April 30th, adjudicate these applications concurrently".

This is good news, because concurrent applicants may get GC instead of 140 approval..

Your hypothesis seems to be in line with New procedures for concurrently filed 140/1485 - Ohato Memo published elsewhere.

scars me....

brigand,

I like your analysis, even though I know personally people who have got 140 approved(from Aug 2003 too) recently and they had filed concurrently. But this kind of non-linear analysis is good. It will lead to new and better understanding in case of concurrent filing.

I have same feeling about your team a,b,c analysis. Keep it up.