Husband is going to jail. Please advise!!

Maria1984

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

My husband is going to jail for 3 years( probably just 2). I have my conditional green card. I am supposed to get 10 year card in April 2010.I am planning on waiting for him to get out.

Do you think I will have any problems getting 10 year green card?

Do you know anyone who went through the same situation?

I really need your advise!!

Thank you

sorry to hear that, but just for curiousity why is he going to jail ? does it have to do with your green card? anyways but i think in this serious matter u need to contact lawyer immigration lawyer, or wait for response from some experinced people in here. hope something goes good.

sorry to hear that, but just for curiousity why is he going to jail ? does it have to do with your green card? anyways but i think in this serious matter u need to contact lawyer immigration lawyer, or wait for response from some experinced people in here. hope something goes good.

NO, it has nothing to do with my green card. We got married because we love each other. He had some legal issues before we got married. The case was dragging on for about 5 years, and now they said jail for 3 years. I talked to immigration lawyer ( actually couple of them). One said that if i get divorce now I wont have any problems in getting my 10 year green card, the other one said that it is better to stay married. I dont want to get divorce, because i love him.

Any advices??

NO, it has nothing to do with my green card. We got married because we love each other. He had some legal issues before we got married. The case was dragging on for about 5 years, and now they said jail for 3 years. I talked to immigration lawyer ( actually couple of them). One said that if i get divorce now I wont have any problems in getting my 10 year green card, the other one said that it is better to stay married. I dont want to get divorce, because i love him.

Any advices??
Technically it should not have any effect on your permanent GC. It is his right to be able to Spenser you for GC and going to jail does not take that right away unless it has something to do with your immigration case, however you might be asked where your husband is or might not even come up that he is in jail at the time of your interview to removal condition. either way it should not have anything to do with your case as long as you can show tie to each other as a married couple.
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically it should not have any effect on your permanent GC. It is his right to be able to Spenser you for GC and going to jail does not take that right away unless it has something to do with your immigration case, however you might be asked where your husband is or might not even come up that he is in jail at the time of your interview to removal condition. either way it should not have anything to do with your case as long as you can show that you are able to show tie to each other as a married couple.
Good luck

Thank you!!!

Hi!

My husband is going to jail for 3 years( probably just 2). I have my conditional green card. I am supposed to get 10 year card in April 2010.I am planning on waiting for him to get out.

Do you think I will have any problems getting 10 year green card?

Do you know anyone who went through the same situation?

I really need your advise!!

Thank you

Tell us why your husband is going to jail. Also tell us what city do you live in?

It should not be a problem to get your 10 year GC because the separation is not intentional. But tell us more about this situation !!!

Tell us why your husband is going to jail. Also tell us what city do you live in?

It should not be a problem to get your 10 year GC because the separation is not intentional. But tell us more about this situation !!!

International money fraud. I live in Pittsburgh, PA

International money fraud. I live in Pittsburgh, PA

You shouldn't have any problems with your GC. If they ask you questions, answer them to the best of your ability. They probably know about every little detail about you.

And please, consult an immigration-criminal attorney. Just to be safe.