Husband got laid Off - I485 in process.. almost in the final stages.. HELP PLEASE...................

natasha

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My husband got laid off today i.e on 04/26/2001. It was really shocking for us since our GC is almost in the final stages.. we had applied for I485 on Feb1st and we got our Parole visa too and our EAD has been approved on April 11th when found out through AVM. But the card has not yet come. It says it will take somewhere between 60 to 90 days time.
My husband\'s company has agreed to keep him on payroll till June mid with his vacation time etc... But it is really a tight situation for us and we don\'t know what to do. I am also working but even my company is not doing that great but somehow pulling along and I am kind of worried about it..
I too had applied for GC and my I140 also was approved but since his Priority date was ahead of mine and we felt that his company was somewhat doing better than ours so proceeded with his I485 since we were told that only one I485 can go per family at a time.
And now this has happened...
So please advice what are our options and choices and what could be done in our case...
Would really appreciate that. Thank you very much.

No Title

Relax....u may get the approval by June.If 180 days have passed by June, then he may just have to find another job without losing his approval status.

No Title

Sorry to hear that. However you have few options, IMO.

1) Plead with your current company to have him on the \'pay-roll\' with leave of absence for an indefinite period.
2) since the EADs are approved find another job.
3) If there is no RFE your case would be approved normally and you could get stamped without problems. If there is an RFE your lawyer/company should be willing to answer them.
4) If all the above fail, file a new I-485 in your name with him as a dependant. You should be OK in 6 months.

Good luck