Humanitarian reinstatement for UK beneficiary?

PeeLee

Hello, I would like to find out if anyone has experience with Humanitarian reinstatement.
My Mother immigrated to USA from the UK almost 15 years ago, I stayed in the UK at the time as I was a young adult, already 21.
We started and I-130 (unmarried son over 21) petition which was approved & I received my I-797 notice of action/approval.
I have been waiting for my priority date; during this time my Mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer & 3 years ago she sadly passed away. My priority date has become current & I have received notification that can proceed to the next step(payment, interview etc). I'd like to find out if I'd be able to continue with the Visa process or if I am entitled to Humanitarian reinstatement if I cannot continue. I have a brother whom is a permanent resident & can be a substitute sponsor & can complete the I-864 affidavit of support.

From what I have researched, I would like to find out if I am able to apply for Humanitarian reinstatement on the grounds of the lengthy wait time that I have been subject to due to me being in the family preference category and also the strong family ties I have in the US, I would like to join my brother and other relatives in the US.

I am a UK resident, is there any chance that I could still be granted Humanitarian reinstatement?

Was your mother a USC?
Why was the petition taking ages? USC petitioning for child below 21 (unmarried) should not take more than 1 year.

I doubt a long wait time counts as a reason as there are categories with far longer wait times than the F1 category you are in. You may want to consult a lawyer for best advice on whether it’s worth proceeding. I think with this kind of thing a lot of it is about how you present the argument.

I'm not sure who OP is, if that is in reference to me. Yes I have posted this in more than one place as I am trying to gain clarity on the situation. This is a forum to get help and gain knowledge and insight, that is what I am doing. Thanks

I'm not sure who OP is, if that is in reference to me. Yes I have posted this in more than one place as I am trying to gain clarity on the situation. This is a forum to get help and gain knowledge and insight, that is what I am doing. Thanks

You won't gain any more clarity by posting multiple places in one forum. Etiquette here (as in the other forums i am on) is to choose the most appropriate forum and post a question once.

If you could show me where exactly it says I'm not allowed to post my question more than once, then I will understand why this is an issue. As far as I am aware, this forum is everyone to gain the information they need from people who may have experienced their own similar situations and the. It has been said here that I should ask a lawyer and that is what I have done. I'm not sure what your issue is with me trying to get the information. Until I feel like I have all the clarity I need then I should be free to seek the advice I need without getting stuck from other members of the forum who only know the information that I have posted and no nothing else of me. I'd appreciate if I could be left to get the information I need without being given a hard time about it. Thanks again

OP is you. Original Poster.

I would suggest not arguing with members here, most forum etiquette prefer members post a question once in the most appropriate forum; Moderators may view multiple threads on one topic as spamming. Hope you get the clarity you're looking for.

Thank you for the clarity about 'spamming' but I do not appreciate being attacked by other members of the forum, I am not arguing with anyone here, I will not be pushed around for trying to gain clarity, like others here I am trying to get the advice I need. I am entitled to defend myself from what I see as clear bullying. I posted in 2 places, here because I thought I'd be able to gain more clarity and then to a professional, that would hardly amount to spamming in any way. Just like it says under your post and I'm sure it applies to the other replying members that have a problem with my posting in 2 places, you are not a lawyer and do not provide legal advice.
Once again someone here even suggested that I get some legal advice to gain clarity so that is what I have done, the second place that I posted my question for was for some insight from a professional. If I have not gained anymore clarity from the answers that I have received then why am I not allowed to seek advice from somewhere else within this platform?
I will contact the moderators to find out if I have done wrong in posting in 2 different places, and also speak to them about the way in which I have been approached by other members here.

Attacked?! Bullying ?! For being asked to post once on a topic?! Is this for real?
You realize Americans are forthright? You might want to reconsider coming to live here, or grow a thicker skin.

Attacked?! Bullying ?! For being asked to post once on a topic?! Is this for real?
You realize Americans are forthright? You might want to reconsider coming to live here, or grow a thicker skin.

Your opinion of what I should be doing is insignificant.
I have every right to be on this forum to get the information I need as much as anyone else here.
Nothing about what you have said to me requires me to have thick skin, I call it like I see it. A bully is a bully, even if your are trying to disguise is as being 'helpful '.

Please dont waist any more of my time with your irrelevant comments. I not here for you.

Your opinion of what I should be doing is insignificant.
I have every right to be on this forum to get the information I need as much as anyone else here.
Nothing about what you have said to me requires me to have thick skin, I call it like I see it. A bully is a bully, even if your are trying to disguise is as being 'helpful '.

Please dont waist any more of my time with your irrelevant comments. I not here for you.

Please keep things civil over here.

OP- there is absolutely no attacking or bullying going on. SusieQQQ is a very well-respected and experienced forum member offering advice, which you're free to heed or not. But do not twist others' comments; all members here have a right to post in any thread. If you believe this thread doesn't serve your purpose or offer clarity as you seek, a consultation with a professional might be the way to go. Your situation is complicated as it is.

Please keep things civil over here.

OP- there is absolutely no attacking or bullying going on. SusieQQQ is a very well-respected and experienced forum member offering advice, which you're free to heed or not. But do not twist others' comments; all members here have a right to post in any thread. If you believe this thread doesn't serve your purpose or offer clarity as you seek, a consultation with a professional might be the way to go. Your situation is complicated as it is.

I'm not really interested if they are well respected or not, they are not a professional legal adviser and neither are you. You haven't even contributed anything useful, just negativity because you have an issue with where I have posted. Them being well respected doesnt give them any more right to tell me that I should not come to the country or that I am not allowed to post. I am not here to hear from time wasters. Both your comments are meaningless and serve no purpose. Members are here to give useful and meaningful help, which neither of you have done. I am not interested in hearing from either of you now. You will be ignored. And you have been reported.