• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ is PASSWORD Protected !

purity

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

We suppose to be able to check our DV Lottery Application,
and checked whether we win the lottery or not on July 1'2009.

But the dvlottery.state.gov website is already active now,
unfortunately it require password to enter the website.

and I had tried using my name and my confirmation number as password and it didn't worked.

so I guess the password is actually for website administrator and not ready for us, the end user yet.

Good LUck to all...

and if anybody here able to access their status on the website,
please kindly tell us how...:)

Sure, password is actually for web master.
Calm down!!! :)
In my opinion the check status is not before July. KCC have to send out all NLs to winners before they put all to their database online.:)

Sure, password is actually for web master.
Calm down!!! :)
In my opinion the check status is not before July. KCC have to send out all NLs to winners before they put all to their database online.:)

I guess so,...

I was thinking that if next year KCC decide to stop sending NL by mails and just use WebSite to check whether you win the DV Lottery or not,
and if you win,
you can just download the form that you need to fill up,
or even better if you can fill it electronically online,
just like when we apply for the lottery in October,
it would be even better ! ;)

and save lot of money on KCC site (mailing cost,printing cost),
and good for the environment too (less paper waste),
and faster and more secure processing (electronic filing).

also we can change our detail (address etc) online !

Hi everybody,

We suppose to be able to check our DV Lottery Application,
and checked whether we win the lottery or not on July 1'2009.

But the dvlottery.state.gov website is already active now,
unfortunately it require password to enter the website.

What is the direct link to the location which reqiures the name and the confirmation number!!!

I have logged on to DV website. It is not required pass & user from me. It toke too long to open it. Maybe it is in progressing of winners database.

I have logged on to DV website. It is not required pass & user from me. It toke too long to open it. Maybe it is in progressing of winners database.

Do you mean you actually see the webpage,
or it came back with error message, saying "too long to respond" ?

because whenever no admin log in page, it goes into too long to respond error mode for me...

just wanna share a thought with you guys. Usa is a great country, I have no doubt, but right now, the country is going through a lot of changes. beleive me I have a green card plus a graduate degree but currently I am looking for a job oversea. So I dont know what you re doing right now, but if you already have a job, keep it. you guys talk like after getting the green card, life will become a paradise. not true. wake up and smell the coffee.

just wanna share a thought with you guys. Usa is a great country, I have no doubt, but right now, the country is going through a lot of changes. beleive me I have a green card plus a graduate degree but currently I am looking for a job oversea. So I dont know what you re doing right now, but if you already have a job, keep it. you guys talk like after getting the green card, life will become a paradise. not true. wake up and smell the coffee.

I have gotta pointed out that probably you are too categorical, because people are nourishing their dreams in regard to get a green card! I know what dream is for me, I went through these feelings when I tried to get into Australia! So, my life has been changed a lot since I came on "green island"!
Ofcourse, it is some true in your words, however let people hope on better life, otherwise they may lose their motivation for a life!

Opportunity arise in good time, but especially in bad time.

Some people buy company stocks at it's high, and when the market crash, they loss lot of money, and lost hope.

Some people buy that company stocks after the crash near the bottom,
and they see potential profit coming their way :)

It is just matter of timing, and it is better to enter at the bottom then enter at the top :)

so as long as you are prepared to work hard and live frugally,
USA is still a much better place then other part of the world.

I am a business owner, investor in my country,
but if I came to USA, and have to work at Mc Donalds or Wall Mart,
temporarily while looking for other better opportunity,
I would not mind... :D

Just a chance to become US Citizen (5 years after getting the Green Card) is worth it.

Now GCman2005 I want to ask you,
if you see better opportunity outside USA right now, but it required you to loss your US Citizenship,
and change it to some third world country citizenship would you do it ? :)

One more thing,

Country and Economy goes through boom and bust cycle all the time.
In the 1930's and 1970's, and 1980's and 1990's and 2000's and at present, there are always Depression, Recession followed by Growth and Prosperity...
so people will get a chance to ride the economic boom and bust all the time...

but THERE MIGHT BE ONLY ONE CHANCE to win Green Card...

and if you don't took it right now, you might not get that chance again...

after all this is Lottery and The US Senator had been trying to reformed the Immigration rules and probably get rid of DV Lottery forever...

I am ready to take my chances in US if I win the DV Lottery,
just like you GCman2005, few years ago ;)

Opportunity arise in good time, but especially in bad time.

Some people buy company stocks at it's high, and when the market crash, they loss lot of money, and lost hope.

Some people buy that company stocks after the crash near the bottom,
and they see potential profit coming their way :)

It is just matter of timing, and it is better to enter at the bottom then enter at the top :)

so as long as you are prepared to work hard and live frugally,
USA is still a much better place then other part of the world.

I am a business owner, investor in my country,
but if I came to USA, and have to work at Mc Donalds or Wall Mart,
temporarily while looking for other better opportunity,
I would not mind... :D

Just a chance to become US Citizen (5 years after getting the Green Card) is worth it.

Now GCman2005 I want to ask you,
if you see better opportunity outside USA right now, but it required you to loss your US Citizenship,
and change it to some third world country citizenship would you do it ? :)
after the swine flu, I personally would :)